Hiems154
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I am hoping someone can clear something up for me.
I am applying to Leeds to study comp sci/applied comp sci, I am predicted D*D*D* on my BTEC Level 3 in IT and am sitting my A level maths (AS and A2) as an external candidate, with no tutoring. In the case my A level maths result is not high enough to meet any potential offer I receive (fingers crossed) will the interdisciplinary science foundation year be accepted in order for me to progress onto comp sci, if so what are the chances of getting on via clearing as my UCAS application has just been sent off.

I'd appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
The Science Foundation year is VERY competitive so I doubt it would be available via clearing. I applied for it and was asked to write another statement for the course, hopefully Computer Science itself could be available via clearing.
tombernert
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I'm currently on the Studies in Science program which is basically the Science foundation year but with a slightly different entry requirement, the ISFY is pretty competitive but there are a fair few people in my lectures who got onto it via clearing so I don't think its overly unlikely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (62)
22.22%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.16%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.9%
I'm really nervous (55)
19.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed