Turn on thread page Beta

Brown and Black watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can they go together in some instances? Leather in this case.

I read something about it on askmen that it can work with a leather jacket because of the texture, and having just watched this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27AJQ4FWfI

His jacket with black shirt from about 1:20 onwards looks good, so, can it work?

ReputationRep:
    I personally would stay away from it - very difficult to get right, and can often look dire.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can sometimes get it to work (if you're female at any rate). Depends on the shade of brown and what exactly the item of clothing is. Brown top & black trousers - no-no, but black tights and brown mary janes I've seen work well.

ReputationRep:
    brown and black look great togather IMO, almost all ymclothes are brown and/or black. no leather though.. all leather is foul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I think you can sometimes get it to work (if you're female at any rate). Depends on the shade of brown and what exactly the item of clothing is. Brown top & black trousers - no-no, but black tights and brown mary janes I've seen work well.
    I'd be talking more of a black top along with a dark brown leather jacket.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the 'tips' on askmen are actually complete rubbish designed for people incapable of making their own decisions about anything, let alone fashion. There are also some useful pieces of advice... it's a question of distinguishing between the two.

As for the question, I think it can sometimes work, but mostly doesn't. It depends on the items and shade of brown.

ReputationRep:
    Well take a look at the video and what do you think about that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it can work well.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! I had this video playing before i read your post and was thinking it looked cool. I would say go for it ! I wouldnt be able to pull the look off myself, but Kelly Jones deffo can ! xx

ReputationRep:
    Well, you are a woman for a start. :p:

So what shoes to wear? Black, brown or trainers?

ReputationRep:
    I have found a nice outfit that includes black skinnies, mainly cream (and bit brown) floaty top and brown done up jacket. Black shoes too! Everyone agrees it looks nice, but with jackets I would normally rather get black, it goes with mostly everything.
    I think your outfit could work quite well, especially if it is not too dark a brown! xx

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.