Non-Muslim guys could you be attracted to a gal that wear the headscarf? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Basically my friend is a 'hijabi' arab, she is absolutely gorgeous (I don't just say this as a friend, she gets complimented by strangers and her eyes get her many compliments) and ive noticed at uni that some guys (non-muslims, and white) have this infatuation with her. They literally cannot take their eyes of her, and always get extra close up in things like ques etc.

One guy in particular seems to have some sort of obsession with her, he's rather handsome and girls regularly get flustered around him (I am guilty of this 😅) but my friend is pretty neutral around him she doesn't give him extra, if any, attention (she thinks he's in love with himself) but he always wants to talk to her, smiles across the room at her, listens to every word she has to say etc (I've told her I'm kinda jealous 😂) but whenever I tell her about him, or point out when people give her looks etc. She either says I'm lying because she didn't see it (she's always day dreaming) or she thinks that they're a just looking at her because she wears the headscarf and it must be rare for them.

But where we go to uni, there are many gals that wear the headscarf, and I've noticed girls on my course that do don't get the type of attention she does.

Long story short I want to convince her that it is possible all these guys think shes attractive, but she's convinced I'm making it up or that she's some sort of novelty for them.

Thanks for your replies in advance
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it would be a rare specimen of a guy that is actually not attracted because of a headscarf.

Starting a relationship might be different, but being attracted on a physical level can't be stopped because of a headscarf. I could see that people say I don't like Asian girls, or I prefer black girls or something. But that's not the same as a headscarf.
Dan24719
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No I couldn't be attracted to someone who wears a headscarf
TheProphetsPath
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's it make a difference if she knows they find her attractive anyway, it doesn't make a difference to her
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's been known to happen :dontknow:
physicst
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
many are and less not
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Hearing a scarf on your head won't suddenly make a stunning girl ugly. Sure she'd look better without it, but depending on how she wears it and looks overall, she can still look pretty despite it. I guess it depends on the guy though, some may find it a massive turnoff, some (like the guys you described) will overlook it and a few might even hold extremely racist views because of it.
To answer your question, I suppose it's irrelevent whether or not she acknowledges that guys like her unless she's interested in any of them back (which she isn't).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheProphetsPath)
What's it make a difference if she knows they find her attractive anyway, it doesn't make a difference to her
Aye i know, but I think it would be nice to prove to her that she isn't as much of a museum novelty as she thinks. (i know that unfortunately she is for some) and that regardless of her headscarf people think shes attractive (i know this defeats the purpose but she is someone that would be flattered if she believed it, rather than be offended)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by yudothis)
I think it would be a rare specimen of a guy that is actually not attracted because of a headscarf.

Starting a relationship might be different, but being attracted on a physical level can't be stopped because of a headscarf. I could see that people say I don't like Asian girls, or I prefer black girls or something. But that's not the same as a headscarf.
True, true but shes seems to think that it isnt possible she always says in reply to me, Why be overly attracted to and try with her when there are many beautiful girls on their course with gorgeous hair on show! Part of me thinks shes a bit self conscious in the headscarf :dontknow:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dan24719)
No I couldn't be attracted to someone who wears a headscarf
Does that mean despite someone being beautiful and wearing it, you cant see or appreciate their beauty. Or do you mean the person as a whole and the actually meaning of the headscarf and the reasons they wear it makes the individual unattractive to you?
TheProphetsPath
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Aye i know, but I think it would be nice to prove to her that she isn't as much of a museum novelty as she thinks. (i know that unfortunately she is for some) and that regardless of her headscarf people think shes attractive (i know this defeats the purpose but she is someone that would be flattered if she believed it, rather than be offended)
She doesn't need that
NoPunInThisName
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes absolutely.
Sly_snake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
She doesn't need that
With all due respect, you don't really know her
Sly_snake
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by starfab)
It's been known to happen :dontknow:
This. I know of quite a few couples where one girl wears the scarf and the guy is a non muslim
TheProphetsPath
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sly_snake)
With all due respect, you don't really know her
I know she is a Muslim and she doesn't need thinking people find her attractive because nothing can come good from that. She'll either be more conscious and cautious or (hopefully less likely) sin.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
nope - I'm not attracted to muslims - I find their values totally incompatible with my own
but it's not just personality problems;
if you're wearing a head scarf you are going to look silly anyway, no matter what you happen to believe
to put it nicely you will look like you belong in a dusty middle eastern slum, not the western world
and to put it more bluntly you'll just look like **** no matter what country you're from
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope Never
Anonymous #1
I know she is a Muslim and she doesn't need thinking people find her attractive because nothing can come good from that. She'll either be more conscious and cautious or (hopefully less likely) sin.
She might be self-concsious in the scarf and be tempted in taking it off, surely being told she is still attractive whilst wearing it cant harm her
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, as a headscarf shows she believes in Islam, which would be an instant turn off.
Sly_snake
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Or she could feel happy and confident in the scarf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (143)
24.49%
Pop (142)
24.32%
Jazz (26)
4.45%
Classical (32)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (103)
17.64%