The Student Room Group

What a levels to take??

Hi I'm currently in year 11 and I am beginning to panic about choosing my A- levels. I would love to study medicine at university however they all require chemistry and it isn't my strong point (even thought I'm in top set). I just don't seem to get it and because of this I don't enjoy it. Therefore, I feel that it would be very difficult for me at A level to get the "A" grade they all want. Biology however I am so much better at. So I decided that studying bio medicine or physiology would be a better option since they generally don't require chemistry. I am now at the point of choosing which subjects I would like to study at A level. I currently am thinking Biology, Psychology and either History/English literature. Which do you think would be the best option? I am currently A grade at GCSE in history and biology and about an 8 in English (lit and Lang). However, I think I would enjoy history more as topics vary where as English is studying novels. Which option would universities prefer for these courses? I just don't know what to choose so any advice would be appreciated.
drama
Reply 2
2 language o sociology
Original post by Historystudent5
Hi I'm currently in year 11 and I am beginning to panic about choosing my A- levels. I would love to study medicine at university however they all require chemistry and it isn't my strong point (even thought I'm in top set). I just don't seem to get it and because of this I don't enjoy it. Therefore, I feel that it would be very difficult for me at A level to get the "A" grade they all want. Biology however I am so much better at. So I decided that studying bio medicine or physiology would be a better option since they generally don't require chemistry. I am now at the point of choosing which subjects I would like to study at A level. I currently am thinking Biology, Psychology and either History/English literature. Which do you think would be the best option? I am currently A grade at GCSE in history and biology and about an 8 in English (lit and Lang). However, I think I would enjoy history more as topics vary where as English is studying novels. Which option would universities prefer for these courses? I just don't know what to choose so any advice would be appreciated.

What about maths?

Quick Reply

Latest