The Student Room Group

He broke my heart and is now happy with someone else... why is dating so unfair :(

Basically. Just ranting...

I absolutely loved my ex and would try my hardest to make it work, he never quite put the same amount of effort in and ended up dumping me in a horrible way. 6 months on and he's still in my mind. I contacted him recently and asked if he wanted to go out for a drink and he played along. Today, he told me how uninterested he is and how little he cares and he was just entertaining me because he was bored and he's now with someone he loves.

All my relationship just seem to end up in heartbreak and I seem that care more then they do.

I've vowed myself to do 6 months of no dating... but what happens if I miss out on someone good? Yey or ney?
Oh god that sounds horrible. I can imagine how painful it is. I'd say cut contact completely and actually feel relieved you're not with him anymore. He sounds like an immature dickhead. Any mature guy would politely say no.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was rebounding.
Reply 2
Original post by daisy136

I absolutely loved my ex and would try my hardest to make it work, he never quite put the same amount of effort in and ended up dumping me in a horrible way. 6 months on and he's still in my mind. I contacted him recently and asked if he wanted to go out for a drink and he played along. Today, he told me how uninterested he is and how little he cares and he was just entertaining me because he was bored and he's now with someone he loves.

All my relationship just seem to end up in heartbreak and I seem that care more then they do.

I've vowed myself to do 6 months of no dating... but what happens if I miss out on someone good? Yey or ney?

It depends on how you feel tbh, only *you* and no-one else. I know this is easier said than done, but seriously don't get hung up on it and perhaps pursue interests or ambitions that you couldn't when you were in the relationship. Focus on bettering yourself, set goals and get yourself out there! Success is the best revenge and it'll show that guy up to be an utter fool! You'll look back on this in the future and one day, this won't even bother you the slightest and it's the most liberating feeling :smile:

By focusing on your ambitions and interests and essentially *you*, you'll attract the right people into your life and maybe one day, even a prospective boyfriend!

I hope this was helpful!
FLM3026 :smile:
Reply 3
sigggh this brings back memories of a former a-hole ex of my own :frown:

the good news is that hes still single and miserable, i don't think he knows how to be happy with anyone, ever
Welcome to the world of dating. And life.
Reply 5

Don't take whatever I say in the wrong way because it's not a negative attack on you.

It seems like this is the time when you need to look at yourself and ask if you respect yourself enough. I know when you love someone you do everything to make it work but you have to be able to recognise a bad relationship despite the love and respect yourself enough to leave it. The fact you didn't when he didn't put in effort while you did a lot is a sign that you don't do that. The fact that after you broke up you're still thinking about him and contacting him despite how bad he probably made you feel is probably another sign of that. You have to stand up for yourself and go for a guy that shows you the amount of respect you deserve rather than ones that SEE that you will let them treat you how they want. Those are the bad guys and they recognise when someone will let them be lazy or let them take advantage. Say goodbye to these kind of guys. Don't let them walk all over you.

You don't need to put yourself on a 6 month ban of dating. You need to build up respect for yourself and start saying no to guys unless THEY make an effort and treat you well. Every person in a relationship deserves to be treated like they're special. Go on dates, but make sure you are waiting for the right guy and don't just go with the first guy you date.
Original post by Allie4
sigggh this brings back memories of a former a-hole ex of my own :frown:

the good news is that hes still single and miserable, i don't think he knows how to be happy with anyone, ever

:console:
That's not shocking what's shocking is that he turned you down and didn't cheat on his current gf.

Delete and block him on all forms of contact, it is the only way you are going to be able to move on and get over him.

How long were you together and how old?

1. Relationships have to be reciprocal or it will never work. You have to find a relationship where its mutual ro its doomed, si its not a bad thing to get out.

2. He dumped you in a horrible way plus was mean to you. Stop being upset over someone who treated you poorly.

3. It was a mistake contacting him, not just becayse of the outcome, but it prevents you mving on.

4. reassess what you wnat and how you behave. You also need to look at how you choose and read people.

5. Six months isnt long at all. Just focus on yourself for at least that period and i would 12 months. If someone spectatcualr comes along, then reconsider, bit really you need to get yourself together. Ne clear in whats good for you, what you can learn from the experience and how to avoid the same mistakes.

hot damn. you should just move on. You've got to stay positive, and not allow past relationships to bring you down. There is someone out there for you. whether you should take a break, I think you should just be passive and if someone your interested does come around, try it. Good luck!
Reply 11
Original post by 0to100
:console:

can't rep you for some reason so :lovehug:
Original post by Allie4
can't rep you for some reason so :lovehug:

[video="youtube;oofSnsGkops"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oofSnsGkops[/video]
Reply 13
Original post by 0to100
[video="youtube;oofSnsGkops"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oofSnsGkops[/video]

no, YOU'RE beautiful. :flutter:
Original post by Allie4
no, YOU'RE beautiful. :flutter:

well **** that's the sweetest thing I ever heard x
Reply 15
Original post by 0to100
well **** that's the sweetest thing I ever heard x

[video="youtube;5WybiA263bw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WybiA263bw[/video]
Original post by Allie4
[video="youtube;5WybiA263bw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WybiA263bw[/video]

not u2! :c
Reply 17
Original post by 0to100
not u2! :c

wtf? U2 are amazing!
Original post by Allie4
wtf? U2 are amazing!

i only know a few songs by them and i like how they sound its just...the whole kumbaya one world thing can get a bit hackneyed

Quick Reply

Latest