The Student Room Group

How many contraceptive pills did you try before finding one that was okay?

Hi all

I'm just curious to know how many different pills you had to try before finding one that suited you and caused minimal side effects.

I have now tried 4 and I can't help but feel that it's a bit excessive. Is it bad to just keep trying different ones? Putting your body through a lot of different synthetic hormones etc?

I've only tried the one. But I only wanted something to prvent period related migriane, rather than for contraception or other period issues. Not had any noticeable side effects.
Reply 2
I've tired two pills and the implant. They were used both in the treatment of PMDD and for contraceptive use.

The implant was awful. I bled heavily every day I was on it, my migraines increased in frequency, my mood swings were horrendous and I came off it after three months.

Then I got prescribed microgynon which I shouldn't have been given in the first place due to my migraine history and that pill failed despite me taking it on time every day and I had similar side effects besides the failure as I did with the implant. I then tried Cerazette and I've been on that for five years now and it's been brilliant. I've had no failures on it, mood swings are stable, no heavier periods than usual. The only drawback is irregular bleeding. Some months I might not bleed at all and sometimes I might bleed on a near monthly basis and then not bleed again for another six months but you learn to tell when a period is coming on Cerazette despite them being irregular. I'm really happy with this pill :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two, and I know someone who's tried 5! It's not going to hurt you to find one that really suits you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest