The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
But the point is you haven't demonstrated how those views are of the mainstream community. And although the blame of rape and murder lies on those who carry it out, a proportion of irresponsibility at the very least has to be placed on those who allow themselves to get drunk enough to make themselves vunerable.
Reply 61
Socrates
But the point is you haven't demonstrated how those views are of the mainstream community.

I will try and find links to studies and research but there have been numerous surveys conducted on exactly what Britain's Muslim community, made up primarily by Brits of Pakistani origin, and they're perception of mainstream British society, and the views of that particular offender I quoted earlier is pretty much in line with many of the views held by the community.

Socrates
And although the blame of rape and murder lies on those who carry it out, a proportion of irresponsibility at the very least has to be placed on those who allow themselves to get drunk enough to make themselves vunerable.

Not sure if I agree with that. I believe in personal responsibility, simply because I am a realist, but I think explicitly placing a certain degree of responsibility upon victims risks undermining progress and personal responsibility expected of those who carry out rape, abuse and etc.

Also, in regards to the victims of grooming highlighted in this particular article, most of them were under 16, so there's only so much one can expect from them. Also, with these defendants, its not really about vulnerability. There sole intention is to achieve sexual gratification from these women by using them, and while it's acceptable to question the victims behaviour, the intentions of these men were inherently callous and calculated.
Reply 62
Not sure if I agree with that. I believe in personal responsibility, simply because I am a realist, but I think explicitly placing a certain degree of responsibility upon victims risks undermining progress and personal responsibility expected of those who carry out rape, abuse and etc.

I don't think it does, actually. The blame is fully upon those who carry out this sick crimes, but putting yourself in a position where you could be taken advantage of is not a clever thing to do.

Also, in regards to the victims of grooming highlighted in this particular article, most of them were under 16, so there's only so much one can expect from them.

Just goes to show that parents need to take a whole lot more responsibility.

Also, with these defendants, its not really about vulnerability. There sole intention is to achieve sexual gratification from these women by using them, and while it's acceptable to question the victims behaviour, the intentions of these men were inherently callous and calculated.

Undoubtedly. But drinking so much that you lose your inhibitions means you're making it easier for those with sick intentions to take advantage of you.
dave777
This sort of filth makes me sick!

Why this not got mass media attention?

Reported on five live though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjmH797f8Xg

Little attention is paid to this racist abuse of whites!

What i wish to debate here is what would be the media response if gangs of whites had been grooming asian girls...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2237940.ece

…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll*-,
……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll.\
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….\llllllllllll,-~*………………&#8230:wink:_-\..*`*;..)
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...…………………&#8230:wink:….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
……….*,………`-,&#8230:wink:-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…………\
..............f`-,………`-,/…*-,___,,-~*….,-*……|…`-,.....\
Reply 64
I think I'm well placed to comment on this because it happened to me and four of my close friends.

It's been an established and growing problem in London, the Midlands and the North West for at least a decade. I think its roots lie in the extreme dysfunctionality of Pakistani and Bangladeshi Muslim communties. The treatment of women in such societies is abhorrent and wouldn't look out of place in 15th century Europe. Yet conversely Asian men in these communities are unable to have (straight or consensual, at least) sex before marriage (largely due to the fact that the compromisation of a Muslim woman's virginity can in these communties be disastrous or even fatal). As such, they're propensity towards perversion, rape and paedophila is heightened by social circumstance. This isn't to let them of the hook in any way, but it's best to know the underlying causes of such crimes.
Reply 65
Socrates
I don't think it does, actually. The blame is fully upon those who carry out this sick crimes, but putting yourself in a position where you could be taken advantage of is not a clever thing to do.

No, it is certainly not a clever thing to do.

Socrates
Just goes to show that parents need to take a whole lot more responsibility.

Yes, I would agree with that. The parents of these children could probably be more responsible and attentive.

Socrates
Undoubtedly. But drinking so much that you lose your inhibitions means you're making it easier for those with sick intentions to take advantage of you.

That is true as well.
Reply 66
BJ-Dubois
I think I'm well placed to comment on this because it happened to me and four of my close friends.

It's been an established and growing problem in London, the Midlands and the North West for at least a decade. I think its roots lie in the extreme dysfunctionality of Pakistani and Bangladeshi Muslim communties. The treatment of women in such societies is abhorrent and wouldn't look out of place in 15th century Europe. Yet conversely Asian men in these communities are unable to have (straight or consensual, at least) sex before marriage (largely due to the fact that the compromisation of a Muslim woman's virginity can in these communties be disastrous or even fatal). As such, they're propensity towards perversion, rape and paedophila is heightened by social circumstance. This isn't to let them of the hook in any way, but it's best to know the underlying causes of such crimes.

Anecdotal evidence ftw
Reply 67
Socrates
Anecdotal evidence ftw

ftw? I might hazard to guess the 'f', but I'm afraid I'm lost beyond that.
Reply 68
ftw = for the win :wink:
Reply 69
seabird
ftw = for the win :wink:

O thank you. So, is that a positive or negative term? I can't recall ever having heard the phrase in everyday conversation.
BJ-Dubois
O thank you. So, is that a positive or negative term? I can't recall ever having heard the phrase in everyday conversation.

you also don't hear "lol", "wtf" and "n00b" but by god do they exist on the internet! oh...and its considered a term expressing support..e.g: Russia ftw (also 4tw...4=for=f etc)
edit: in your case though he is mocking your evidence by calling it anecdotal

Clubber Lang
Indeed, whay does it have to be a race this - surely its flattering if anything..

:mad::mad::mad:
Reply 71
Socrates
Anecdotal evidence ftw

Well I'm awfully sorry that I didn't cite one of the many scientific studies examining the preference of young Asian men to seduce and defile young white women. O wait, there aren't any because if anyone even hinted at doing such a thing our resident Muslim establishment would no doubt react with such disproportinately violent force and mock outrage that the research would be shelved instantly.

There have been many cases such as these going through the courts, and considering the remarkable serendipity with which crimes by the Muslim community rarely reach court we can assume that the problem is larger than these cases might intially suggest.
Reply 72
BJ-Dubois
Well I'm awfully sorry that I didn't cite one of the many scientific studies examining the preference of young Asian men to seduce and defile young white women. O wait, there aren't any because if anyone even hinted at doing such a thing our resident Muslim establishment would no doubt react with such disproportinately violent force and mock outrage that the research would be shelved instantly.

There have been many cases such as these going through the courts, and considering the remarkable serendipity with which crimes by the Muslim community rarely reach court we can assume that the problem is larger than these cases might intially suggest.

Well quoting anecdotal evidence hardly does anything for your case, though given you've expressed racist views in the past I'm not surprised.
Reply 73
Socrates
Well quoting anecdotal evidence hardly does anything for your case, though given you've expressed racist views in the past I'm not surprised.

There's a vast difference between racism (the belief that races are biologically unequal) and the type of cultural absolutism that I subscribe to. You would do well to understand it.
Reply 74
BJ-Dubois
There's a vast difference between racism (the belief that races are biologically unequal) and the type of cultural absolutism that I subscribe to. You would do well to understand it.

:rofl:

Go get laid or something.
Reply 75
I have two fundamental problems with this thread.

1. The inclusion of the word 'White' in the title
2. The inclusion of the word 'Asian' in the title.
Reply 76
Dionysus
I have two fundamental problems with this thread.

Yes, I would agree.
Reply 77
Socrates
:rofl:

Go get laid or something.

Well, that's a lovely idea, I must admit.

Unfortunately I possess neither a honda civic or a pakistani cricket shirt. This, as you might imagine, rather limits my chance round here.

Might I borrow yours?
Reply 78
No matter what kind of strange stuff I read everyday, i am still shocked by the kind of filth out there
Reply 79
Dionysus
Only if it works the other way?

Latest

Trending

Trending