test - any last min advice!? Watch

cheerios
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
my test is on tuesday and i feel im ready. i shouldn't fail but i know of many people who were ready to drive but were unlucky on the day due to nerves or the conditions. Any last minute advice?
magnum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My advice would be to be relaxed and confident.
I failed twice because i was too nervous, the third time i was relaxed and confident and i passed!
upagumtree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just pretend its like any other lesson.All you do really is drive around,usually in the area you were taught in,then you go to a quiet street and do 2 manouvres.Its so much easier than you think.
Just remember all the little things like exaggerating your observations a little,that is,remember to check your wing and interior mirrors often and make it quite obvious.Keep under the speed limit and read the road ahead.

good luck!
DartsOfPleasure
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't take any risks - if you see a car coming towards you, slow down and stop well in advance. If there's a parked car, use the entire road to be as far as possible. These 2 things cocked up my last test!

I was a cocky so and so last time, but I failed with several serious' - it's so easy for nerves to get in the way.
DrNick2006
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
All good advice so far. Just try to relax, and if you think you've screwed something else, keep driving anyway. I thought I'd failed because my left reverse was a distance from the kerb, but I only ended up with a minor.

Also, as advised already, slow down in good time. I spent most of my driving test in 2nd (or even 1st...) because it meant I was well prepared for hazards in advance, and didn't have to do any violent braking, which could either accrue unnecessary minors, or even fail you.

Anyway good luck!
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good luck and I advise you relax, if your a guy, dress smartly (u'll feel confident that way) and don't wear underwear.

Also wear some suitable shoes/trainers that won't slip of the pedals.
LinMolko321
Report 12 years ago
I passed my third test last month!
It's honestly nothing to worry about, its something you can always do again, just try not to put too much pressure on yourself!

Once your in the little room, just take lots of deep breaths and take calm.

It's weird but once you get in the car, your mind takes over and just says "well....this is it, if you pass great, if you dont never mind"

I can't explain it, but honestly once your in car, you'll be calm after a few mins! Good luck and let us know! xx
Beauty_Queen
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cheerios)
my test is on tuesday and i feel im ready. i shouldn't fail but i know of many people who were ready to drive but were unlucky on the day due to nerves or the conditions. Any last minute advice?
My test is tues also . I feel ready but bit nervous. What time is yours? Mine is 11.41. Good luck to you
cheerios
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
thanks for all the advice so far. my test is at 13:08. i think it will be quite busy so im gonna concentrate on things like slowing down in plenty of time
DiscoPirate
Badges: 9
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cheerios)
thanks for all the advice so far. my test is at 13:08. i think it will be quite busy so im gonna concentrate on things like slowing down in plenty of time
Busy is good. That means that you'll probably spend much of your exam sat in traffic. If you're not moving you're less likely to make errors. Just remember to check all mirrors when moving off after being sat for a while, that catches a lot of people out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (69)
23.71%
No (222)
76.29%

Watched Threads