Italy!! Watch

Purple Haze
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Does anyone know or has been to any places in italy that you would recommend...I will be going there for a long weekend in a few months. There are just too many places that look interesting!....anyone got any ideas?
xXx
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well... if it's a long weekend I would recommend staying put in one of the major cities; you won't really have time to move about too much if it's just for a few days.

If it's your first time out there, I would probably suggest Rome, Florence/Sienna or Venice.

I'd be very tempted to say Venice. I MUCH prefer it in the winter (and I am assuming you're going in the winter) to the summer. It's less crowded and the colder weather suits the place more than the hot summer.

Having said that Rome is always lovely and Florence would benefit from the lack of tourists that spoil it in the summer. If you go to Florence you could also spend a day in Sienna which is absolutely wonderful.

Of course if you want something a little grittier, you could try Naples - but it's something of an acquired taste whereas you can't go wrong with more northern areas.

Hope that's given you some ideas!
Vics
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I just got back from Rome and would thoroughly recommend it. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Such an opulent place I absolutely loved it!
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeh, Rome is fab! Its the only place ive been in Italy but I really want to go to Venice, Verona, Tuscany and Calabria. Theres too many amazing looking places to choose from in Italy!
Purple Haze
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help! ....Ye ive been looking and am stuck between Rome and Venice!
soup_dragon87
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Como in the mountains, and the aptly named Lake Como, is a truly idyllic place. Soupy & co summered there. Plus one of the villas was in Star Wars episode 2!!
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Florence, Lago di Como, Lago Maggiore , Rome, Siena, Assisi, Milan, Bolzano, Venice, Verona.. the list is endless.
ollie123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just got back from Milan, it's alright not great for a long weekend. Went to Venice which was amazing and Lake Como. You could do all 3, stay in Milan but get a train to Venice for a day (2/30hrs from Milan) then go to Lake Como for a day (50min from Milan).
Purple Haze
Rep:
?
There are just too many places that i would like to visit....looks like i may have to take more than one trip there!
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Try a holiday to the Dolomites as well. I can recommend a good hotel:

http://www.hotelpanorama.to/

or its sister hotel five minutes down the road:

http://www.ladymariahotel.com/

I've been enough times to the Panorama that the owners would recognise me.
ollie123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol watch out for dirty pervy Italian men, they're everywhere and aren't subtle.
Purple Haze
Rep:
?
(Original post by ollie123)
lol watch out for dirty pervy Italian men, they're everywhere and aren't subtle.
lol..okay ..thanks for that... i will do!
vale_farfallina
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hi everyone!

I'm Italian and live 60 km far from Venice! I highly recommend it!

I have visited all the cities you've mentioned, therefore I can answer your questions about my fab country!

Cheers,

***Vale***
supersteiger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went to Florence and SIenna years ago, it was lovely, and all of Tuscany is beautiful!
lizlaz89
Report 11 years ago
I would have to agree with everyones suggestions up there! It's such an amazing country....
I would reccomend Rome- for its sheer beauty and uniqueness.....Tuscany, Florence and Siena. Having been to these places i can hardly reccommend them enough!
Rome was brilliant esp as i went with my frinds....it was gorgeous...the food was brilliant too
TO be honest, wherever you go u wil have a brilliant time.
Also, Sardinia has beautiful beaches and is gorgeous.

ps. It is true about the italian men lol

wherever you go ,have fun!
asanonymous
Report 11 years ago
rome (best city i've ever seen, and i've seen many)
florence
venice
motorhead
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lizlaz89)
Also, Sardinia has beautiful beaches and is gorgeous
Baja Sardinia, well-recommended
www.eabianca.it
lizlaz89
Report 11 years ago
sono contenta che sei d'accordo!!!
....sardinia é meravigliosa!!!!
xxx
(Original post by motorhead)
Baja Sardinia, well-recommended
www.eabianca.it
cheerios
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hey just travelled around italy. loved most of it, especially florence and venice. but my fav. place was verona - its a must see. amazing atmosphere - not as touristy as everywhere else.
x_muso_x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Romeeee!!!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (243)
45.17%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (160)
29.74%
I don't have an opinion (135)
25.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed