The Student Room Group

Best Course Advice

I am a mature student ( a 30 something) looking to start in September 2017. I am looking for a course that will further my career in screenwriting/scriptwriting and filmmaking. I've seen only a few combined degrees, so may have to do either or.

Wanted to know if anyone has done or is doing a filmmaking/creative writing course they would recommend, or combined would be awesome. I've seen a few in Chichester and Worcester. Also considering Central Film School though there's not much info on mature students there.

Thanks!
Hello Mazie,

Glad to hear you're interested in studying Digital Film Production & Screenwriting with us!

This is a really exciting time for the University of Chichester as our Engineering and Digital Technology Park is opening in 2018. It has a commercial sound stage for film making, which has capacity for a full commercial orchestra. It will also be only one of three in the UK - the other two being Abbey Road and Air Studios! It also has a dedicated green screen stage to develop virtual reality experiences and motion capture. As well as industry standard master suite, recording studios, 3D animations and robotics!

Our students recently recorded a sci-fi thriller, as part of their production module which you can read about here: http://ow.ly/ORLL307iNqL. The department is really dedicated to getting students real industry experience so they can gain employment directly related to the course after graduating.

If you have any questions or want to be put in contact with anyone, get us on Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, or just send us a message.

All the best,

Dannie

Quick Reply

Latest