Turn on thread page Beta

Who are you with? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to know who you guys are with and how much your lessons cost. I wanna go with BSM but they cost £24. 50 and thats with a discount.

ReputationRep:
    AA, £23.50 p/h.

isnt there a 5 lesssons for 75 quid or something offer going down(I heard so anyway :ninja:) aaaaages ago.(BSM that is)

Im with ASM 17 quid a lesson

ReputationRep:
    A5 Drive - £19 an hour (student block booking discount)

Local Driving School (Bill Plant Driving Instructors)

Very proffesional for a small association, lessons at £18? per hour. My instructor gave me quite a few after hours lessons when it got close to my test. Nice guys.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Bill Plant and they did 5 lessons for £56 with the first one free, my normal rate is 18.95

ReputationRep:
    im with apollo. 10 lessons for 161 pounds with the first lesson for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    isnt there a 5 lesssons for 75 quid or something offer going down(I heard so anyway :ninja:) aaaaages ago.(BSM that is)
    It's finished now that was for July I think. I'm with BSM and block book my lessons 10 at a time. With the student discount it works out at £19 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I've just booked 20 hrs with a local instructor from Mini Driving School for £395 which I thought was quite good, considering AA/BSM are £25.50 a lesson with me (and I get to learn in a Mini, woohoo!).

ReputationRep:
    An Isle of Wight school called Mikes School of Motoring. I booked a 20 hour intensive which cost £425 and includes the cost of the theory and the practical tests. I've finished that and doing a few normal lessons with them which cost £22 a lesson.

ReputationRep:
    Lady's school of motoring - £16 p/h £150 for 10.

ReputationRep:
    I went with an independent guy, who a lot of my friends ended up switching to, and my brother currently learns with. One of my friends, and his older brother used the same guy too. Great man. Word of mouth really is the best recommendation anyone can get. About £18 a lesson i think. Worked till about 8pm, too. Great stuff. I can't believe some of my friends didn't get on with their instructors. Surely the most important thing is that you DO, and you can be honest with them without feeling threatened?! my instructor was superb.

ReputationRep:
    I was with Greenlight - £18 a lesson, fantastic he was too

ReputationRep:
    was with a local guy for aorund 18

bsm were around 21

made no difference of the company - tis the individual tutor u get.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna post a few good Australian companies but then realised this is a UK forum. Meh, I knew there were disadvantages for using another country's uni forum (keep in mind I am ANCIENT and when I first discovered this site there was no Aussie version).

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't find a cheap instructor around where I am! I pay £22 / hour for a dude called Frank. I don't mind though, he taught my sister and a few other friends, so I'm happy to stick with him.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of my mum was a driving instructor so I had him for 2 lessons (4 hours worth) before he told me he was no longer a driving instructor. So I asked my friend for the number of hers, booked my first lesson with her but was cancelled.

Anyway...
    The first one cost £17 an hour, that was the student discounted price, but without that it would be £19. He also offered the first 5 hours for £60.

My current one is £18 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I was with a local guy who was part of a local motoring school.

Lessons were £23 a lesson, or £22 if you were a student, or £21 if you book a block of 10.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to start learning and can't decide which company to go with -
    - BSM are £21 an hour (£570 for a block of 30 - so £19 a lesson - which i'd probably go for, not sure whether they do student discount on blocks or whether its just individual lessons!)
    - Billplant (prices as above according to their website!)
    - or A plus driving school which works out at £16 a lesson
    I'm going to learn at uni (Durham) so don't have anyone to ask recommendations from, since pretty much everyone i know already drives...any ideas?! I don't want to just go for the cheapest and find out they're all massively incompetent/equally want to spend loads when I don't have to!

ReputationRep:
    Red driving school - Tis` £21 p/h. First lesson is buy one get one free

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.