pevc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello!

I am an international student and 3 weeks ago I sent out my application for:
1. LSE - Management (rejected, because of my math grade in first year of upper secondary school, however I am predicted to get an A in maths this year which equals to A* in the British grading system, this did not help though)

2. Warwick Business School - Management (waiting)
3. UCL - Management Science (waiting)
4. UCL - Information Management for Business (waiting)
5. King's College - Business management (waiting)

In the future, I am looking to work in venture capital at smaller investment firms. I love to find new companies and start-ups with potential to grow and I find it very interesting to work in that area. However, I might get a banking job at first since I've heard it's tough to get a job in the VC/PE industry without experience. I am a very entrepreneurial person so I think it would fit me the most to work at smaller investment businesses where I have the opportunity to be more involved in running the business.

Currently, Warwick would be my number one choice. What do you think?
What about the UCL course "Information Management for business"? I find that course to be interesting but I have heard it's not "serious". Also, I like the fact that UCL is sometimes ranked in the top 10 on global university rankings, Warwick is not close to that, from what I've seen. I know you should not care about rankings and definitely not overall rankings, but how much do employers care about that? It sounds much more "prestigious" to say you are going to a top 10 university in the world. Especially if I want to work outside the UK, maybe in the US. What do you think would be the best for me?

Hope you understand my question(s)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed