The Student Room Group

London Apartment

I'm turning 18 next year. I want to rent an apartment in London. I already live in London but does anyone know any reasonably priced areas in central to live in?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What is your budget?
Original post by saraxh
I'm turning 18 next year. I want to rent an apartment in London. I already live in London but does anyone know any reasonably priced areas in central to live in?

That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. What's your budget? Perhaps your notion of reasonably priced is different from mine.
Reply 3
I hear Kensington is not too bad.

Spoiler

Original post by saraxh

Renting in London is day light robbery , don't rent unless you have to. I would look at flatshares and more often than not , it means that you can end up living closer to central London and at a smaller cost than you would renting a one bed in z5/6 for instance.
Original post by hezzlington
What is your budget?

Spoiler

Original post by UWS
I hear Kensington is not too bad.

Spoiler

Kensington's apartments are 55 million :colonhash: Lol
Original post by Polka_Specs
Renting in London is day light robbery , don't rent unless you have to. I would look at flatshares and more often than not , it means that you can end up living closer to central London and at a smaller cost than you would renting a one bed in z5/6 for instance.

I'm not really keen on that.
Reply 8
Kingston upon thames
East Finchley...not bad prices:smile: Hope you find a lovely place!! xx
Original post by Eugenie Grandet
That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. What's your budget? Perhaps your notion of reasonably priced is different from mine.

This is reasonably priced for a London apartment. It's not for rent though.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-61504571.html
Reply 10
I think it depends on what you want/need? Do you have a car/can you drive? Are you going to university in London , in which case you're going to need to be close to that or be close enough to get a train/bus ^^?
Original post by Nitura
I think it depends on what you want/need? Do you have a car/can you drive? Are you going to university in London , in which case you're going to need to be close to that or be close enough to get a train/bus ^^?

No I take the bus(free) everywhere.
Original post by saraxh
No I take the bus(free) everywhere.

Why do you need to need to rent , if you don't mind me asking ?
Reply 13
Pfft what a dreamer, unless you have a rich daddy it'll never happen
No such thing as reasonably priced in central London.
Something tells me you have a rich father or you wouldn't even be considering this. Or you live under a rock.

A one bed flat in Holborn will set you back £1800 at the cheapest. And it will look nothing like the million pound apartment that you suggested.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Something tells me you have a rich father or you wouldn't even be considering this. Or you live under a rock.

A one bed flat in Holborn will set you back £1800 at the cheapest. And it will look nothing like the million pound apartment that you suggested.

I live in London and lol no :rofl:
You'll find better information on citydata or reddit r/london.
Original post by Conceited
If I were you I'd probably commute (I assume it's about attending Uni). I'd probably look at places like Peckham. You'd have to have magical powers to find reasonably priced apartments in central. Even a box might have you forking out the piggy bank

Isn't Peckham a high crime rate area?
Reply 19
Original post by saraxh
Isn't Peckham a high crime rate area?

High crime is the price you pay for cheap rent. London is expensive, run away. Or find a rich husband.

Quick Reply

Latest