The Student Room Group

Decolonising the curriculum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HandiCapanda
Another one, forget I said anything. I'm sure those migrants flooding into Europe will be doctors and lawyers in no time, good luck !

People who are already thick aren't going to be fixed simply by being here, last I checked knowledge wasn't distributed via some form of osmosis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
By uni the damage is done. There isn't much evidence that there is much variance in potential intelligence based on race alone, it more comes from unequal opportunities (e.g. the average African vs average European education quality) and the attitude of the family and the likes, the parent that insists their child studies three hours a night is going to have the more capable child than the parent that gives the child a six pack, obviously working with sufficiently large sample sizes so as to remove individual variation as a relevant factor.

At the end of the day, the child who doesn't work, almost no matter how brilliant they are, will be out shone by the relative idiot who puts the effort in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well there is, SAT scores from America give a reasonable estimation of IQ potential, while the is a trend with house income and scores to an extent, it is minimal, with lower class white students still out performing their wealthier black counterparts.

I use white and black because they are the largest demographics providing more data, this is highly suggestive of racial IQ potential being a much larger factor than wealth/nutrition/opportunity.

You are suggesting that opportunity and health care and other such measurements of societal well-being are the instigating factors in IQ potential being raised among demographics, this is illogical as the development of such social infrastructure would surely require significantly greater base intelligence than is available in any given population, you enter a negative feedback loop.

Poverty creates low IQ, which creates poverty and poor living conditions and health problems and this creates a lower IQ etc.
Well there is, SAT scores from America give a reasonable estimation of IQ potential, while the is a trend with house income and scores to an extent, it is minimal, with lower class white students still out performing their wealthier black counterparts.

I use white and black because they are the largest demographics providing more data, this is highly suggestive of racial IQ potential being a much larger factor than wealth/nutrition/opportunity.

You are suggesting that opportunity and health care and other such measurements of societal well-being are the instigating factors in IQ potential being raised among demographics, this is illogical as the development of such social infrastructure would surely require significantly greater base intelligence than is available in any given population, you enter a negative feedback loop.

Poverty creates low IQ, which creates poverty and poor living conditions and health problems and this creates a lower IQ etc.

So results after nearly two decades of nurture are a good measure of nature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAT is a complete bs test... I know cuz I took it... as long as you take 200 mock tests, you are almost guaranteed a high score of 1500+ out of 1600

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
SAT is a complete bs test... I know cuz I took it... as long as you take 200 mock tests, you are almost guaranteed a high score of 1500+ out of 1600

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just like any teat, how many teats claim they cannot be prepared for and require you to properly know and understand the content; how many test are you unable to get performance increasing tuition for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds pretty useless and pointless tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending