Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello...!!

I am in Math and econ second year, in my first year I dont think i have done ample justice with my time and money spent at warwick...

I mean not enough to impress a company and I didnt even get good grades say not a 2.1 :mad:

so what do you guys suggest me to do so that my CV is not just good but one amongst the best...:rolleyes:

Thanks and all the comments and suggestions would be highly appreciated!:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    No idea. But I'm in the same boat. Going back to my 2nd year. Its time to do everything now. I think it's hard in your first year. So many events like company talks and presentations just don't feel aimed at freshers, but in reality it'll do you good to go to them.

ReputationRep:
    Exec committee membership, sports participation, charity..one world week you name it. Or try and do something unusual....(e.g.) Im helping an academic do some research on a paper he is doing (within the WBS) on a particular field relevant to me...the work i do is of course limited in scope (because i know jack ****) but Ill still get my name on the paper as 100th author for example.

My personal resolutions to get more out of uni are to go swimming and/or to the gym everyday, as well as join the Warwick Squash league and start up golf.

Re: Careers presentations...they are most certainly geared at everyone not just 2nd and 3rd years. The companies run seminars on what they do, the recruitment process and they give you a little bit of "training" on how to land a job wrt group discussions, interviews, presentations and numerical/verbal tests...you can never get enough practice and they are really useful.

ReputationRep:
    company presentations are good...but i need something more interesting...to boost my cv...

like extra curriculur...sports...soc events...something like that...

how can comapny presentation help boost my cv??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joy12)
    company presentations are good...but i need something more interesting...to boost my cv...

like extra curriculur...sports...soc events...something like that...

how can comapny presentation help boost my cv??

Get involved with something that genuinely interests you. If you start doing something just because you think it'll look good on your CV, you probably won't stick at it. Are you an international student? If you are, get involved with the organisation of one world week, I expect employers love that.

ReputationRep:
    Just get your butt outside your room. There's loads to do!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...everyone!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.