Will I get kicked out of college?

Watch this thread
kurt_cobain
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have just got back my biology December mock and I got a U grade, I find it very hard but I am expecting better grades in my other 2 a-level subjects. Do you think I will get kicked out of college as I failed this exam and because I can't drop the subject as i am only doing 3 a-levels already? Some people have been kicked out before but this is my first mock.
MissVampire
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't say so. This is your second year in college, right? Because if it is, then they really can't because your first results in AS met the entry requirements.
kurt_cobain
Rep:
(Original post by MissVampire)
I wouldn't say so. This is your second year in college, right? Because if it is, then they really can't because your first results in AS met the entry requirements.
this is my first year I've been there 3 months or so, my attendance and effort in class is good though and other subjects, just biology letting me down! but college say it's too late to change subject now
DabThruUni
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kurt_cobain)
this is my first year I've been there 3 months or so, my attendance and effort in class is good though and other subjects, just biology letting me down! but college say it's too late to change subject now
Aren't you gonna have proper mocks in Jan?
kurt_cobain
Rep:
(Original post by DabThruALevels)
Aren't you gonna have proper mocks in Jan?
these were they were just in December instead
DabThruUni
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
these were they were just in December instead
Oh that's annoyingly. They're supposed to let you revise over Christmas for the mocks.
Oh well, I don't thinking they'll kick you out. They'll probably just keep assessing you and monitor your performance. If you don't improve they might not enter you for the exam for that subject. Your other ALevels should hopefully be safe. The only way to know for sure is to speak to your teacher about it.
MissVampire
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, they can't really kick you out. You can kicked out of subjects but that's only if you don't meet the requirements which is a D to pass onto A-Levels (usually). If you're a major concern though and you're doing terrible on all your subjects which clearly you're not then they would perhaps consider this.
username1941981
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I have just got back my biology December mock and I got a U grade, I find it very hard but I am expecting better grades in my other 2 a-level subjects. Do you think I will get kicked out of college as I failed this exam and because I can't drop the subject as i am only doing 3 a-levels already? Some people have been kicked out before but this is my first mock.
As long as your attendance is good and your showing interest in lessons there is no reason to kick you out. Some people have bad days. It may be a good idea to show your tutors that you are interested in what you're studying and determined to improve your grades. Ask them how you can improve and if you have any worries talk to somebody about it.
Juvanile
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm on the same boat where I am failing Biology but doing really well in Maths and Chemistry. I'm going to get a personal tutor and try extremely hard for my mocks in Jan and pray everything turns out ok.
You won't get kicked out but they might phone your parents about the problem. The problem is most people think all you have to do for Biology is revise but you'll barely pass if that's all you do. Try doing past papers and mastering different types of questions such as explain questions since most people find those difficult.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (130)
65.99%
No (45)
22.84%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.17%

Watched Threads