The Student Room Group

Would LSE accept you with an AAB prediction?

This poll is closed

Would LSE accept an AAB predicted candidate for Intl Relations (AAA)?

Yes 6%
Maybe 59%
No Chance35%
Total votes: 17
A-A-B prediction: Politics-Geography-Biology. Would they? My course is International Relations which has an AAA offer at LSE. I just want to know if it's possible, even though my gcse's weren't that good (AAAAAAAABB). My personal statement is quite good, I think. I'm just curious of whether they would consider or if there's no chance...
Original post by kikia
A-A-B prediction: Politics-Geography-Biology. Would they? My course is International Relations which has an AAA offer at LSE. I just want to know if it's possible, even though my gcse's weren't that good (AAAAAAAABB). My personal statement is quite good, I think. I'm just curious of whether they would consider or if there's no chance...

Did you sit any AS exams if so what did you get in them?
You're failing to remember that LSE and every other university posts MINIMUM entry requirements.
If you don't meet one of their entry requirements; be it predictions, GCSEs etc. There is very little chance they'll accept you.

Either talk to your teachers about getting your predictions adjusted or;
save your choice slot for a university that will actually consider you.

Note: they're offering 110 places for 60 seats on the L250 International Relations course but will recieve 900+ applicants for the course.
Thats 15 offers for every one seat. They're more than likely to pick the best of the best as they usually do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Did you sit any AS exams if so what did you get in them?

My AS grades were AAC for my AAB prediction subjects respectively. I got a D in my 4th subject (chemistry) *cri* :frown:
Original post by BigBadAsh
Note: they're offering 60 places for L250 International Relations but will recieve 900+ applicants for the course.
Thats 15 offers for every one seat. They're more than likely to pick the best of the best as they usually do.

Pretty much this, but the bolded bit is wrong. They actually have a ~12% offer rate, so they make ~110 offers. 60 is just the number who take them up on the offer.
Do your other 4 choices have lower requirements? It d be risky to apply I think but if the rest of your choices are more sensible it's a risk you could take I suppose

Original post by kikia
My AS grades were AAC for my AAB prediction subjects respectively. I got a D in my 4th subject (chemistry) *cri* :frown:
Original post by DarkEnergy
Pretty much this, but the bolded bit is wrong. They actually have a ~12% offer rate, so they make ~110 offers. 60 is just the number who take them up on the offer.

noted and corrected!
Reply 7
Do your other 4 choices have lower requirements? It d be risky to apply I think but if the rest of your choices are more sensible it's a risk you could take I suppose

Yes: Nottingham-AAB, Leeds-AAB, Queen Mary-ABB
Original post by kikia
Yes: Nottingham-AAB, Leeds-AAB, Queen Mary-ABB

That's not a massive range but still sensible I think
Reply 9
Original post by BigBadAsh
You're failing to remember that LSE and every other university posts MINIMUM entry requirements.
If you don't meet one of their entry requirements; be it predictions, GCSEs etc. There is very little chance they'll accept you.

Either talk to your teachers about getting your predictions adjusted or;
save your choice slot for a university that will actually consider you.

Note: they're offering 60 places for L250 International Relations but will recieve 900+ applicants for the course.

Thanks for your comment. Yeah that's a lot of applicants ahhhh :') and, well technically the only minimum requirements they state are 3 A levels and at least two of them have to be from a list of 'traditional subjects'. The rest of it pretty much just says stuff like: successful applicants 'typically' have xxxx..... or successful applicants are 'typically' predicted at least AAA - and all that kind of thing. But obviously they can't just take anyone so I'm curious about my chances, with the grades and predictions that I have currently.
Reply 10
That's not a massive range but still sensible I think

Ugh look at me I didn't even put all four -_- the aforementioned options + Westminster-BBC
Original post by kikia
Ugh look at me I didn't even put all four -_- the aforementioned options + Westminster-BBC

So you ve a good back up choice then :smile:
Reply 12
So you ve a good back up choice then :smile:

I suppose so ^_^
Reply 13
Original post by kikia

Try this:
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/

It doesn't have all the courses so you might need to use a course with similar entry requirements, perhaps Geography...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending