iz0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need help deciding if I should stay at my schools sixth form or move to the sixth form in a different town

A-Level Choices
PE, Business/Economics and Psychology

Preferably I would rather take a business studies course as this is what I take for GCSE however my school only offer Economics, whereas the other sixth form do offer a business A-level.

Our school have AMAZING, brand new PE facilities that were opened last month and would be a real benefit however the other school have a 1 year old fully equipped sports hall too.

I know the teachers at my school well and they know what are my weaknesses/strengths however I wouldn't know the teachers from the other sixth form.

Most of my friends will be staying at my current school so I would be joining a brand new school

If any one has any way to help me decide please let me know!!
crystalsss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had the same fears last year (joining a new sixth form without my friends) but I knew I didn't like my high school's attitude and that it wouldn't have changed in the sixth form so I joined a new one and I'm so much happier. BUT if you enjoy school and feel like it has really helped your education so far then maybe you should consider you school's.
Take into consideration travel, rankings and results (especially in your chosen subjects) before you choose because different places can have really different cultures. I think you should apply for both and make your final decision when you're ready.
Good luck with your exams and I hope you really enjoy the rest of high school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads