The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

(Course Cluster)- Course Ambassador Q&A

Here are some general questions with answers about the Dance course at Middlesex University. If you have other questions that are not stated below, or want to know anything else, please let me know!

Does the teaching happen in big classes?

Our classes vary, however they are split up into four groups. These groups will be for your allocated classes on your timetable. In our lectures they usually happens in bigger groups, where they combine two groups together. In your allocated groups your teachers often remember the student’s names and you become friendlier with your class and interaction together.

Will I have many exams?

No not really. For your written assessments in your first year, is to take two multiple choice papers for your modules. Coursework wise you are assigned for certain essay that relate to your particular modules. Your grades will be based on your written assessments, presentations, creative projects, and of course your dissertation for your final year.

Will I have to spend lots on money buying books?

No. Most of the readings you will be given are all based in our library, or they are to be found online resources. You’ll be given free e-book for your modules, these books will help you with your studies and your also get to keep them once you have finished your degree at Middlesex.

Will I have to school every day?

Mostly. However, it depends on your modules during the terms. As the course is very practical your classes are every day, but most of your lessons will be throughout the morning and afternoon. During the first and second year, I didn’t have one day off school, the days I was in would vary between 3-5 hours per day. Some of your modules is based on individual work, like creative projects and written assessments. However, you’ll have plenty of support from your tutors and also you have SLAs to help for certain modules, who become a big help for your first year at University.

Are the Dance courses taught creatively, or in a more theoretic way?

The classes will be mostly creative, especially for a dance course. However, the lectures are very interesting learning about the knowledge of dance history or science of the body. Most of the practical classes are creative, as your mind and bodies are constantly developing to new material. Your choreography class are more creative, as you get certain task and group work each week. Which allows you to develop your skills when creating a performances of your own.
m�G�ߓ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending