The Student Room Group

Manchester vs. Sussex for Law?

I have offers for International Law and Globalisation at Birmingham and for Law at Birmingham, Manchester, Lancaster and Sussex.

They all want AAA, except Sussex who said they'll change it to ABB if I firm them.

Although I was really feeling International Law, I've narrowed it down to Sussex and Manchester, since Sussex has given the best offer and Manchester has the best international ranking.

But now I don't know which one to pick, I prefer Manchester but the offer is a bit scary - there's a bit more leeway with Sussex and I like Brighton as well... but I've always wanted to go to Manchester it's been the dream, but I live in Salford near Manchester so I don't know if it would be boring. I really don't know what to do or which one is better for me or which one I should firm D:

If I could pick any regardless of my grades I'd pick Manchester, but I have to be realistic and AAA is a lot of pressure - although it's possible at the same time I don't want to end up in clearing... So how does Sussex compare to Manchester?

I know it's stupid since I applied to all AAA unis but everyone pressured me to so... 😂

Thanks in advanced for any advice :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by shaloobee
I have offers for International Law and Globalisation at Birmingham and for Law at Birmingham, Manchester, Lancaster and Sussex.

They all want AAA, except Sussex who said they'll change it to ABB if I firm them.

Although I was really feeling International Law, I've narrowed it down to Sussex and Manchester, since Sussex has given the best offer and Manchester has the best international ranking.

But now I don't know which one to pick, I prefer Manchester but the offer is a bit scary - there's a bit more leeway with Sussex and I like Brighton as well... but I've always wanted to go to Manchester it's been the dream, but I live in Salford near Manchester so I don't know if it would be boring. I really don't know what to do or which one is better for me or which one I should firm D:

If I could pick any regardless of my grades I'd pick Manchester, but I have to be realistic and AAA is a lot of pressure - although it's possible at the same time I don't want to end up in clearing... So how does Sussex compare to Manchester?

I know it's stupid since I applied to all AAA unis but everyone pressured me to so... 😂

Thanks in advanced for any advice :biggrin:

I just found this now and I have the same problem! I don't know whether to choose Sussex, Manchester or Birmingham.. Where did you end up going?
Reply 2
Original post by alealel
I just found this now and I have the same problem! I don't know whether to choose Sussex, Manchester or Birmingham.. Where did you end up going?

I chose Sussex, I'm pretty happy and relieved with my decision :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest