The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
well, I normally do homework for about 3 hours a night, chat on msn for two, and the rest I either read French and German books or I learn some vocab. There's nothing to learn for English at the moment.:confused:
Well, I do all my work on Saturday, so normally, I do no work at all over weekdays :P
Reply 42
I put 1-2 hours but at the moment it's more like less than an hour. It's probably just because I'm lazy though and squeeze all my homework into frees/lunch/break just before the lesson starts! Also I get less work now I'm down to 3 subjects :biggrin: In fact looking over the past week or so, I don't think I've spent any out of school time studying :s-smilie:
None at the moment and that really does need to change :s-smilie:
Reply 44
On average, I probably do around 2 hours of study in school each day then around 3 at home. So that's like... 30 hours a week... omg I really need a better social life...
Our school's introduced this ridiculous 'monitored frees' system this year (the final year we're there which makes it even more of a pisstake), and we basically get sent up to the library for half our frees, cram around 2 tables and do our work silently. It's useless if you don't like working in a busy area (I personally work best on my own so being in a room with 20 others trying to write an essay is hard). On the plus side, it means we get a little less work to do at home but my point was (forgotten why I'm ranting about my annoyance with the school system)- is that studying in school frees is good... providing it's personal choice and not the school's way of teaching you to be independant...
Reply 45
Well it really depends on the day.

Monday I do about 1 hour because I am at dancing.

Tuesday I do nothing because I am at dancing until 9pm.

Wednesday I usually do around 3 hours but I can't sometimes because of dancing.

Then on Thursday I go flat out and do about 4 hours of work.

Friday I do 2 hours.

Saturday about 2 hours split 1 in the morning then 1 at some other point when I am home.

Sunday I just finish off the leftovers really.

I need to start doing more work :cool: :p:
Reply 46
I did quite a lot of revision around the exam period and managed to get three A and a B and thinking I could do it again the second time around in June was a bad idea. I only got ABBD so now, Im working 4-5 hours a night. Ill prolly be burnt out soon though lol and go back down to 2-3 hours which was a lot more than I used to do! I dont have any homeworks or such but studying it over and over will help to retain it in my memory, I hope. :smile:
ninetyeights
how many people write up their daily notes on the computer at the end of each day?

I have a friend who did that obsessively last year :frown:

Me personally, I do less than an hour a day (quite often, none :redface: )... by half term, I'll be doing a bit more. And a lot more before January. But for now, I'm happy to be a slob, see friends, watch TV and browse the ol' tinterweb :p: I'm not proud, but oh well.. :redface:
Very little at the minute (A2), mostly maths ~ 1 hour a day maybe.
Reply 49
Like others said, it depends on the day.

Monday: About two and a half, because I'm usually at work

Tuesday: About 5, because I have two free periods during the day.

Wednesday: Usually 5-6, as I have half the day off.

Thursday: 4-5

Friday: 3-4

Saturday: 4-5 if I'm at work.

Sunday: Anything from 3-6 hours, depends whether I'm at work.

It's a PARTY.
I use most free periods to do work in the library, unless i fancy a chat in the common room or something-which fortunately is not the case as me and most of my friends have conflicting periods and i don't like getting mauled by the "gangsters" ha..anyway.. most of my frees which is about 1-2 hours a day, then three hours at home roughly, and i use my bus journey (for revising) 45 mins each way!!
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
I have a friend who did that obsessively last year :frown:

Me personally, I do less than an hour a day (quite often, none :redface: )... by half term, I'll be doing a bit more. And a lot more before January. But for now, I'm happy to be a slob, see friends, watch TV and browse the ol' tinterweb :p: I'm not proud, but oh well.. :redface:

I do when it's a very hard topic, or the notes i've made are rubbish, but i had a friend who used to copy all her notes out from history, and neglect actually revising/working!
blahbloo
I did quite a lot of revision around the exam period and managed to get three A and a B and thinking I could do it again the second time around in June was a bad idea. I only got ABBD so now, Im working 4-5 hours a night. Ill prolly be burnt out soon though lol and go back down to 2-3 hours which was a lot more than I used to do! I dont have any homeworks or such but studying it over and over will help to retain it in my memory, I hope. :smile:

I did that, in my english exams at As i got full marks on two, and a high A on the other,with about an hours revision before hand with the teacher; thinking for A2 it would be the same, i didn't work, and i got a d!
Azza
Somebody answer me :smile:

Read text books , revise, make little notes, and find good quotations (history)

Latest