Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heres a fun game if you happened to get these exact results in GCSE what would you do? Just taking this random set of results which happen to coincidentlly be mine what would you do at college and then UNI. (please remember in this game your playing as an indecisive 16 year old whose a little thick)

Biology-B
    Business Studies-A
    Chemistry-B
    English-A
    Eng Lit-A
    Chemistry-B
    History-B
    Maths-B
    Drama-A

and a glorius D in French

ReputationRep:
    Do the subjects that you enjoy and think you can do best at.

ReputationRep:
    Biology-B
    Business Studies-A
    Chemistry-B
    English-A
    Eng Lit-A
    Chemistry-B
    History-B
    Maths-B
    Drama-A
    If the above were my results, then it'd be obvious that Business Studies and English (Lang or Lit or both) are my strengths, and would therefore would be good choices for A-Level. You could pick Maths at A-Level, but there's people in my year that got A*s at GCSE and have just got Us at AS level. Psychology is an option, if your sixth form/college offers it.

ReputationRep:
    They don't look like the results of someone who is 'a little thick' at all! Just do what you enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David16)
    Biology-B
    Business Studies-A
    Chemistry-B
    English-A
    Eng Lit-A
    Chemistry-B
    History-B
    Maths-B
    Drama-A

and a glorius D in French
    Your results are all pretty much the same... I mean in the sense that there aren't any obvious strength/weakness (apart from French, which is just French though so ya know... :P)

You're pretty lucky I suppose, as it means you can go for whatever you want! You can choose the subjects you enjoy the most without having to worry about "will I be good enough" etc.

ReputationRep:
    Id go down the english/drama route (although I am biased) Maybe english lit/lang, business, drama and maybe maths or use of maths to go with the business. Out of interest what is it that you are doing now?

ReputationRep:
    you said you were "thick" how is this true? consider that C is an average grade, B is good, A is excellent and A* is beyond that. i think there's too much focus on getting As and A*s, people don't seem to realize that other grades are perfectly acceptable- if not good. sorry for that rant haha.

your strengths seem to be in essay-type subjects where you have some freedom (drama, english..)

personally i'd consider what you enjoy most, idk what that is, but i'd take history, englishx2, then drama.

you have plenty of time to figure out what to do in uni depending on your a level results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninetyeights)
    you said you were "thick" how is this true? consider that C is an average grade, B is good, A is excellent and A* is beyond that. i think there's too much focus on getting As and A*s, people don't seem to realize that other grades are perfectly acceptable- if not good. sorry for that rant haha.

your strengths seem to be in essay-type subjects where you have some freedom (drama, english..)

personally i'd consider what you enjoy most, idk what that is, but i'd take history, englishx2, then drama.

you have plenty of time to figure out what to do in uni depending on your a level results!
    I'm in a bit of an awkward position you see. I was predicted A's for chemistry and Maths but i only got B's but i was predicted two B's for english and i got A's and i was predicted a C for business but i got an A! i had planned to take maths and the sciences but it would seem a waste to throw away the A's i achieved in english

ReputationRep:
    If those were my results, id be over the moon.
    Why is it that some people still arent happy with A's and B's?
    Theres some people here who try so hard and best they can achieve are C grades. For those who get mainly top grades and still arent happy, I find that being a tad ungrateful...

ReputationRep:
    I'd take maths, chemistry, biology, english lit.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take maths, english lang, english lit and psych if your school offers it, economics if it doesn't. if it also doesn't offer economics, then either media or business studies.

maths is such a good A level to have.

ReputationRep:
    I was just looking at the connexions site for me. . .another indecisive 16 year old. . and I saw your thread. I noticed you got an A in drama. I searched for drama and this is what came up: (it sounds good-well to me anyway!):

"Dramatherapy is a psychological therapy that uses creative methods to help people identify problems which are affecting their feelings or behaviour. It helps them to work through these problems and change for the better. Dramatherapists may use stories and myths, role-playing situations, songs or poems, improvisation, or masks and puppets.

Clients (or patients) may use dramatherapy to act out scenes which allow them to express themselves and try out things they have difficulty expressing in normal circumstances.

Dramatherapy can help troubled, bullied or abused children, people with learning difficulties or mental health problems, and people with behavioural problems, worries over disability, or long-term sickness."

http://www.connexions-direct.com/job...eContentID=331

Sorry for the long post-a bit random, but it might help! xx

ReputationRep:
    your results are fine, you can pretty much do whatever you want (except french!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyhead)
    If those were my results, id be over the moon.
    Why is it that some people still arent happy with A's and B's?
    Theres some people here who try so hard and best they can achieve are C grades. For those who get mainly top grades and still arent happy, I find that being a tad ungrateful...
    To imply that somebody who has to try remarkably hard to achieve a C grade is in the same position as somebody who underachieves and gets a B grade is wrong. It's all about what one person can do themselves, and what their own personal expectations really are. I'm not happy with some of my grades, but I got all C grades and above, and an A Level three years early. I may have hindered my own chances of getting into a really good university, because I didn't work hard. Somebody who works hard and gets 10 C grades at GCSE should be commended more than me, even if I got better results than them. However, that doesn't mean that I don't have a right to be unhappy with my own results, because it's all about personal achievements and expectations.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.