The Student Room Group

Journey to a 1st

So I managed to achieve a less-than-fantastic 49% in my first year of uni. But I'm back on track this year and my head is in the game.
I wanted to make a discussion to post my progress and keep me motivated. My first year counts for 10% of my degree so I need to average 72.33% this year to pull my grades above that 70% line.

I'm ready for the work!
Best of luck with you endeavors.

What do you think you'll do this year to get a different result from last?
Reply 2
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
Best of luck with you endeavors.

What do you think you'll do this year to get a different result from last?

Thank you!
Last year I was very ill and was given the chance to suspend my studies and re-sit first year in December, I foolishly didn't take it.
Having recovered now, I think I'm in the right place mentally to 100% commit to uni work.

I meant to make this thread at the beginning of the year but didn't get round to it :biggrin:
Original post by Hamo2509
Thank you!
Last year I was very ill and was given the chance to suspend my studies and re-sit first year in December, I foolishly didn't take it.
Having recovered now, I think I'm in the right place mentally to 100% commit to uni work.

I meant to make this thread at the beginning of the year but didn't get round to it :biggrin:

You're welcome. I'm sorry to hear you were ill but glad you're recovered.

When do you break up?
Reply 4
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
You're welcome. I'm sorry to hear you were ill but glad you're recovered.

When do you break up?

Thank you, thank you. I'm all good now so I'm trying to think of the future.

I finish uni on Friday. So excited, I'm going on holiday for a week then going straight home to start revision for Jan exams!
Reply 5
Just got my grades from my first written assignment of the year - 68%! So I'm on the right track
Reply 6
From the coursework results I have back so far, I'm averaging 60.6%. I've decided it's probably more realistic at this point to aim for a 2:1 rather than a 1st, and a 2:1 will still get me onto the Masters course which I want to do so I can't complain with that.
I need to average 61.22% over my whole 2nd year to finish with a 2:1, which I think is within the realm of possibility.

Quick Reply

Latest