The Student Room Group

First Year Medical Student - AMA!

Hello everyone.

I am a first year Medical Student studying at the University of Glasgow who is soon to finish first term. Just wanted to open this discussion if anyone had questions regarding medicine/university life/studying/anything in general. Thanks for stopping by!
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/ is what you're looking for.
I'm an A level student from Bangladesh and I would like to study medicine in the UK. How is Glasgow in general? Are they harsh in their interviews? Thanks in advance ☺️
Reply 3
Original post by Democracy
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/ is what you're looking for.

Haha cheers!
Reply 4
Original post by Pradipta
I'm an A level student from Bangladesh and I would like to study medicine in the UK. How is Glasgow in general? Are they harsh in their interviews? Thanks in advance ☺️

First of all good luck in your application! Have you applied already or are you going to next year?

Glasgow as a city is really nice depending on what you are looking for. The weather is not good compared to England or Edinburgh. The people though are lovely and really friendly. There is plenty to do in the city and the transport is good. The campus of the University is relatively compact so not too far to travel.

The interviews are arguably one of the easiest because you don't have the multiple stations but instead just two interview panels. No problem at all and feel free to ask as much as you like!
Ok?
Original post by Makhib19
First of all good luck in your application! Have you applied already or are you going to next year?

Glasgow as a city is really nice depending on what you are looking for. The weather is not good compared to England or Edinburgh. The people though are lovely and really friendly. There is plenty to do in the city and the transport is good. The campus of the University is relatively compact so not too far to travel.

The interviews are arguably one of the easiest because you don't have the multiple stations but instead just two interview panels. No problem at all and feel free to ask as much as you like!

Thank you so much for your reply! I will be applying next year. Are you satisfied with the course?
Reply 7
Congratulations with medical school. My fiance graduated a year ago and is now a second year doctor. We've been together since high school, and I'll admit it looks tough. I really admire your time management to be able to post on here.
Reply 8
Original post by Pradipta
Thank you so much for your reply! I will be applying next year. Are you satisfied with the course?

No problem :smile: . The course is really really good. I really like it because it is a mixture of lectures, labs, group sessions and independent learning. If you like to be taught by teachers but with a slight slant towards learning yourself, then this course is perfect for you! Have you heard of PBL (Problem-Based Learning)? Personally, I enjoy going to class everyday.
Yup I heard of PBL. I heard Some like it but some hate it. Thanks again for the info!

Quick Reply

Latest