Turn on thread page Beta

Economics notes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was wondering whether it is possible to learn AS/A2 economics just from learning from online notes? I'm not English and I'm not going to have an exam in econ but I'm applying to Cambridge and I want to be familiar with the syllabus.What notes would you recommend? Or else,is it enough to learn from Alan Phillips revision guides?

thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I would say that it is possible, but very difficult.
    At the very least, a textbook would be helpful.

You can get textbooks that cover the whole of the AQA, OCR or Edexcel syllabuses from here: Philip Allan Updates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I would say that it is possible, but very difficult.
    At the very least, a textbook would be helpful.

You can get textbooks that cover the whole of the AQA, OCR or Edexcel syllabuses from here: Philip Allan Updates

I have the ones for Edexcel you reckon I can learn only from them?
    I tried to learn from tutor2 as well but it seems pretty impos to me to group their notes on units...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by valeryblack)
    I have the ones for Edexcel you reckon I can learn only from them?
    I tried to learn from tutor2 as well but it seems pretty impos to me to group their notes on units...
    The ones? Haven't you got the single textbook for the entire A-level: Edexcel Advanced Economics?
    I don't know how good the unit/module guides are, but I have the OCR textbook, and I think it would have been possible to learn just from it (and online resources).
    It still wouldn't be easy, but I'd say it's doable if you put the effort in and have good revision skills and exam technique.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.philipallan.co.uk/content...SER32:BOARD46:
    these are the ones i have.
    I don't need to pass an exam,just to be able to talk about each of the AS units at the interview if asked...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't need to pass an exam,just to be able to talk about each of the AS units at the interview if asked...
    Then you should be fine.
    Anyway, I've heard that they tend not to ask so much syllabus-specific questions if you haven't done Economics at A level.

Good luck for your interviews; I might see you at UCL as I'm applying for Economics there as well.

ReputationRep:
    i have done economics at my equivalent a-level but i suppose they can'tknow my syllabus,this is why i'm tryng to learn the Englissh one.are u applying at cam as well?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    i have done economics at my equivalent a-level but i suppose they can'tknow my syllabus,this is why i'm tryng to learn the Englissh one.are u applying at cam as well?
    Yes, I am applying to Cambridge as well, but a different college.

Which qualification in Economics have you done?
    The big universities should be used to international applicants and will probably have an idea of some of the more popular other qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    i just finished my AQA economics AS exam if anyone needs any notes in microsoft word 2007 format PM me...if u need them in 2003 format PM me also i'll see what I can do!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2008

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.