Elle1598
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I'm currently applying at join the RAF as a logistics officer. I have my filter interview just after Christmas and I'm looking for anyone who is either in the RAF as a logistics officer or applying for it to help me. I know for the filter interview they asked you questions about your trade but I can't find anywhere online possible places I could be based?

Any advice on the whole officer application process would he of great help to!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elle1598)
I know for the filter interview they asked you questions about your trade but I can't find anywhere online possible places I could be based?

If you've been looking into the role you should have found some information on the kinds of jobs that a Logs Off does on base.
Think sideways from that. What kinds of bases would need those functions?

As for general officer tips, this forum is full of threads dating back years full of tips and hints, give it a search and you'll find loads.
ProStacker
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are a few posts on here about Logistics Officer. Search some of my posts in this forum.
teasin_tina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elle1598)
So I'm currently applying at join the RAF as a logistics officer. I have my filter interview just after Christmas and I'm looking for anyone who is either in the RAF as a logistics officer or applying for it to help me. I know for the filter interview they asked you questions about your trade but I can't find anywhere online possible places I could be based?

I'm a serving Loggie. Long story short, you could be stationed on any RAF base bar the training units (unless you're posted to the various logs training schools).

Get in touch if you have specific questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
username3068424
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
teasin_tina Hello, I was just wondering if you had any information regarding the raf logistic role? I am interested In this role but on the RAF careers page there is little information and the information on the forum is from a long time ago? any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
teasin_tina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smithy1992-)
teasin_tina Hello, I was just wondering if you had any information regarding the raf logistic role? I am interested In this role but on the RAF careers page there is little information and the information on the forum is from a long time ago? any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
What sort of information are you specifically after?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username3068424
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
teasin_tina Thank you for responding, I have a few things I would like to know....

1. Where are you most likely to be based in the UK and overseas for logistics ?
2. Are there any opportunities for qualifications when passed out?
3. I'm very interested in sporting activities, is there opportunity for this as a logistic officer?
4. What are the expected/general duties in this role? (everyday life)
5. How soon after training are you expected to go on tour, as this is something I'm interested in?

Any further information you consider relevant would be much appreciated, thanks again!
ProStacker
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1. Most anywhere the RAF has a presence and most likely where they have aircraft (or a large logistics hub - think Wittering).

2. Yes, as many as you want in the time you have (graduate, not pass out).

3. Yes, as many as you want in the time you have.

4. Different roles, different duties., but being responsible for a capability or flight (people plus equipment) and their effective output. Think management and leadership.

5. Depends what is happening in the world, but probably after your first couple of postings. Deployments usually need some consolidated knowledge and experience.
Logansrun
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When are you off to OASC?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads