The Student Room Group

Thinking of going travelling (potentially alone)

Hi, just looking for some advice from those who have been travelling or are going travelling.

I've just got out of a serious 3 year relationship and am now thinking about going travelling next year or early 2018.

I will be 25 at this point.

I have 20 grand in the bank so I can afford to go and will also save up my wages for the next year.

I haven't really thought too much about the duration. Perhaps 3/4 months, think that should be enough if I'm on my own.

I'd like some ideas on where to go. Not really interested in going to Asia. Would be open to South America. North America or Australia & New Zealand would be top of my list I guess.

Basically I want someone to give me ideas where I should go, for how long & how much it would cost. Also would you recommend trying to find someone to travel with?

Thanks
Original post by Dan24719
Hi, just looking for some advice from those who have been travelling or are going travelling.

I've just got out of a serious 3 year relationship and am now thinking about going travelling next year or early 2018.

I will be 25 at this point.

I have 20 grand in the bank so I can afford to go and will also save up my wages for the next year.

I haven't really thought too much about the duration. Perhaps 3/4 months, think that should be enough if I'm on my own.

I'd like some ideas on where to go. Not really interested in going to Asia. Would be open to South America. North America or Australia & New Zealand would be top of my list I guess.

Basically I want someone to give me ideas where I should go, for how long & how much it would cost. Also would you recommend trying to find someone to travel with?

Thanks

Travelling alone can be really fun. If you're concerned about it, but don't want to take someone with you, you could consider doing a backpacking trip with a group organised by one of those companies. A lot go around America and Australia as well. Then you'd be going alone, but you'd make friends along the way. Go for as long as you see fit. If you're going alone and you haven't travelled much, don't make the trip too long for your first time because you may find it overwhelming
I really recommend South America - fantastic place!

Quick Reply

Latest