Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how much sensitivity does the guy actually lose when wearing a condom?

I'm on the pill and therefore dont usually use them when I have sex with my boyfriend..
    I was more than 12hours late taking one of the pills so for the past week we've been using condoms. The thing is, my boyfriend has a job keeping it up where as, without, he has no trouble at all.

Does sex with a condom really feel that different to most guys..?

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few can barely feel anything.

ReputationRep:
    It also dependent on the type of condom your using, try something such as featherlite or similar, might improve his feeling.

Also im sure some of the time its psychological.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a huge fan of condoms to be fair, but I always use them when they are necessary. I didn't like the hassle when I first started using them, but now I'm very used to it. I don't know if it should prevent him maintaining an erection though; never had that trouble.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend at first said the difference was very small, but when we used them after a period of not using them he said that he noticed the difference a bit. I think it depends on the guy.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's always complaining about them (on the pill too but I hate it), we've had, er, similar problems. Even with the fetherlite ones. I've been thinking about trying those weird female condom things, they scare me so but I'm so sick of the pill, it does bad things to me.

ReputationRep:
    Some can be really bad for that (see: any durex), for many blokes it is finding 'their brand' as it were :p:.

Used to dislike condoms but I've found a type I get on with really well and sex with them is near comparable to without lol.

ReputationRep:
    Loads different imo... definitely prefer it without

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid there is a definite difference. You might be able to help your boyfriend keep interested by tensing down there, if you see what I mean.

Or maybe those tingling condoms?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.