shawty987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi

I applied for Student Fiance for my postgraduate course and have sent all the evidence that i have and now Student fiance requesting for details of an expired visa. home office letters that i have do not have the expiry date and now i have an indefinite leave to remain. i was a student last year and was receiving student loan so please advise what has changed and why cant my application be approved based on the information already provided. called home office they can not provide this information.
Morven SFE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi.

We'll need to confirm your Home Office Status for the past 3 years before we approve the Postgraduate Loan. If you're not able to send anything else, that's okay - please write a letter to us confirming that you're not able to provide anything else from the Home Office.

We'll then perform a Home Office Check (we'll contact the Home Office electronically). Once that's done and accepted, we can then approve your application.

Thanks.
shawty987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Morven SFE)
Hi.

We'll need to confirm your Home Office Status for the past 3 years before we approve the Postgraduate Loan. If you're not able to send anything else, that's okay - please write a letter to us confirming that you're not able to provide anything else from the Home Office.

We'll then perform a Home Office Check (we'll contact the Home Office electronically). Once that's done and accepted, we can then approve your application.

Thanks.
But would you not have this information already from my previous applications. and you have already sent the email to home office requesting the information and from the last person i spoke to it will take 6-8 weeks and in those 6-8 university already chasing for payment. i believe your system should be able to locate documents especially if it not a new student
Morven SFE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shawty987)
But would you not have this information already from my previous applications. and you have already sent the email to home office requesting the information and from the last person i spoke to it will take 6-8 weeks and in those 6-8 university already chasing for payment. i believe your system should be able to locate documents especially if it not a new student
Hi.

With the Postgraduate Loan, you'll be classed as a new student; so we do need to re-verify you ID and status, unfortunately.

In regards to the university - if they want, they can call us, and we can confirm the progress of the application to them. If that would re-assure them and perhaps give you more time to get the funding in place, it may be worth it.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.11%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.9%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (118)
29.35%

Watched Threads