The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Will I get in with lower grades than expected?

Hey,

Last year I got into uni but decided the course wasn't for me and that I wanted to take a gap year. My grades were not great, so I'm going to resit an exam to see if I can better the result.

I'm reapplying to Ulster University, but decided to take a chance and see if Queens would accept me. The business management course at queens is currently looking ABB. I am sitting on ACD, with the D grade most likely going up to a C.

Question is, will I have a chance of getting into Queens?
Original post by gapyeartraveller
Hey,

Last year I got into uni but decided the course wasn't for me and that I wanted to take a gap year. My grades were not great, so I'm going to resit an exam to see if I can better the result.

I'm reapplying to Ulster University, but decided to take a chance and see if Queens would accept me. The business management course at queens is currently looking ABB. I am sitting on ACD, with the D grade most likely going up to a C.

Question is, will I have a chance of getting into Queens?

Hi there gapyeartraveller,

I have spoken with our Admissions team and unfortunately you would not be offered a place with A-Level grades of ACC.

You can read further on how students are chosen for the Business Management course here.

If you have a question about any other course please let me know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi Kachela,

Thank you for the honest reply. I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest