The Student Room Group

Worrying new trends from India

Arguably one of the few remaining bastions of spirituality, dignity and morality. Well not any more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Moral Resurgance
Arguably one of the few remaining bastions of spirituality, dignity and morality. Well not any more

Didn't watch the video but anyone who has ever been to India knows it's the exact opposite of spirituality, dignity and morality. Only the romantics in the West seem to have this view of the place.
Reply 2
I don't think a country that is currently ranked 7th worst in the world for sex trafficking of minors can be described as a moral bastion.
Modern popular Indian culture literally just rips of the most superficial, materialistic and selfish aspects of American culture. Seriously, watch any of the dramas.
Original post by Mr Poo
Didn't watch the video but anyone who has ever been to India knows it's the exact opposite of spirituality, dignity and morality. Only the romantics in the West seem to have this view of the place.

I think you're confusing it with Newcastle or something.
Reply 5
I think you're confusing it with Newcastle or something.

No Newcastle is a little worse, just below the Mexican towns dependent on drug money.
Original post by Aj12
I don't think a country that is currently ranked 7th worst in the world for sex trafficking of minors can be described as a moral bastion.

I was there in 2007 and you never saw anything remotely like chavs or single mothers. No divorce, no tattoos or people with dangerous dogs. Endless 23 year old virginettes though with masters in comp sci etc....If only our sluts were as good as that.
india? who cares
Reply 8
I was there in 2007 and you never saw anything remotely like chavs or single mothers. No divorce, no tattoos or people with dangerous dogs. Endless 23 year old virginettes though with masters in comp sci etc....If only our sluts were as good as that.

I think the only person who would applaud India for its sexual mortality is an aspiring rapist.
Reply 9

Corrupt, caste based hatred, minorities persecuted, you're deluded. This is what it's like, that video is trivial to what it's really like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
I think the only person who would applaud India for its sexual mortality is an aspiring rapist.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Indian men on the whole do not have anything to do with women that arent related to them; they're just far too busy doing algorithms than engaging in all that pub/nightclub *******s we have here.

Also credit to a lot of the women for ****ing cooking for like 4 hrs a day. Its about as much as you expect these days for our birds to toss something in the microwave after they have been at work of all places.
Arguably one of the few remaining bastions of spirituality, dignity and morality.

Is this the moral India where it is commonplace for people to cheat in exams, to the extent that parents climb the walls to signal answers through the windows to their offspring?

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/20/8260201/india-education-exams-cheating

Is this the dignified India where a huge proportion of the population lives on the streets?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/homeless-in-mumbai-when-the-sky-is-the-roof/

Is this the spiritual India where Hindus kill Moslems for eating beef, and Moslems kill Hindus for eating pork, and where men of both superstitious beliefs gang-rape young girls in the street and kill them afterwards?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-36823572

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/10/india-muslim-hindu-beef-akhlaq/409405/

If you know anything about India, or indians in general, you'll recognise that they are no different from young people from any other part of the world. The view that India is a bastion of spirituality is severely outdated or lacking at best.

Secondly, I wonder why you chose this video to indicate that Indians are 'morally depraved'. Is it just because girls are discuss sexuality, rather than men? Because that seems to be a backwards and totally inegalitarian viewpoint to hold. Also, if you know about Hinduism historically at least, you'll know that it was for a long time quite liberal in those aspects relative to Western countries and a lot of the moral puritanism has come about not from India, but from European and Islamic colonisation trying to infringe their own, puritanical, views of morality onto the entire country.
Original post by Good bloke
Is this the moral India where it is commonplace for people to cheat in exams, to the extent that parents climb the walls to signal answers through the windows to their offspring?

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/20/8260201/india-education-exams-cheating

Is this the dignified India where a huge proportion of the population lives on the streets?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/homeless-in-mumbai-when-the-sky-is-the-roof/

Is this the spiritual India where Hindus kill Moslems for eating beef, and Moslems kill Hindus for eating pork, and where men of both superstitious beliefs gang-rape young girls in the street and kill them afterwards?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-36823572

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/10/india-muslim-hindu-beef-akhlaq/409405/

A survey came out this week placing Britains maths attainment worse than Vietnam. Not the case in India where they are churning out legions of doctors, accountants software programmers and the like - I cant even remember the last time i heard an English person doing such a course, granted it is an issue that they leave for California mind. Family values are far stronger in India where in the towns traditional gender roles still apply and parents apply appropriate discipline and educational guidance. Our own youth are an absolute shambles, they study absolute ****, they respect absolutely nobody, they ridicule people that actually value chastity and decenct values, they are covered in tattoos - to top it all off many Indians even speak better English than the English themselves!
Family values are far stronger in India where in the towns traditional gender roles still apply and parents apply appropriate discipline and educational guidance.

Yet these high standards of Indian education and supposed high moral standards still leave the situation I described in my first post. If you like India so much then you should have the courage of your convictions and go there to live.

It is a pity you didn't experience Indian education yourself. If you had your user name may not have contained an embarrassing spelling mistake.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
Yet these high standards of Indian education and supposed high moral standards still leave the situation I described in my first post. If you like India so much then you should have the courage of your convictions and go there to live.

It is a pity you didn't experience Indian education yourself. If you had your user name may not have contained an embarrassing spelling mistake.

:rofl::rofl: OWNAGE.

tbh i didnt notice it too :biggrin:
^ Interesting the smug condescending attitude of western liberals a la RobML etc..
our Vicars can't do this:

Reply 18

India still hasn't figured out the division of labour. I prefer my sluts to do one thing and do it well.
Original post by Mr Poo
India still hasn't figured out the division of labour. I prefer my sluts to do one thing and do it well.

Westerners put their own parents in a retirement home.

Quick Reply

Latest