The Student Room Group

Did you ever leave snacks for Santa and Rudolph on Christmas Eve?

When I was younger, we used to leave a carrot out for Rudolph, and a mince pie and a glass of whiskey for Santa. We'd also put dry oats mixed with glitter labelled 'reindeer food' out on the driveway. My dad would drink the whiskey and eat the mince pie, and the carrots would just be put back in the fridge after my brother and I had gone to bed. My mum would go and throw the 'reindeer food' around the driveway so it looked like it'd been eaten

Did you leave Santa and Rudolph snacks for the long journey when you were younger? If so, what did you leave?
Used to leave some cream crackers in recent years, but stop doing so altogether as of last Christmas.
we used to leave milk, a mince pie, and possibly a carrot (I can't quite remember), but it was good fun :smile:
Reply 4
I did :h:

I left out a glass of milk and sometimes a bottle of beer :colondollar: and some biscuits and then carrots for the reindeers.

Now I know my grandpa ate all the goodies and downed the bottle of beer after putting out all my presents that night, no doubt :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A can of beer for Santa (parents insisted he'd like that more than milk :rolleyes: ) and a carrot for Rudolph.
When I was little, I used to leave a small glass of Jack Daniels, some Quality Street and a mince pie for Santa, and a carrot for Rudolph. I stopped doing that though after I realised that it was just my parents drinking and eating what I'd left out. My mum even used to chew on the carrot and chuck it onto the lawn to make it seem like Rudolph had eaten it :lol:
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that one year when my mum left the snacks near the fire place, she put bits of cotton wool on the grill and said that when Santa came down the chimney, he got his beard caught up on the grill of the fire place! :rofl:
Original post by sinfonietta
A can of beer for Santa (parents insisted he'd like that more than milk :rolleyes: ) and a carrot for Rudolph.

I remember doing that for a few years :laugh:
Original post by Leviathan1741
When I was little, I used to leave a small glass of Jack Daniels, some Quality Street and a mince pie for Santa, and a carrot for Rudolph. I stopped doing that though after I realised that it was just my parents drinking and eating what I'd left out. My mum even used to chew on the carrot and chuck it onto the lawn to make it seem like Rudolph had eaten it :lol:

Original post by FreedomTower
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that one year when my mum left the snacks near the fire place, she put bits of cotton wool on the grill and said that when Santa came down the chimney, he got his beard caught up on the grill of the fire place! :rofl:

These are so sweet! I love it when parents really take it to the next level :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest