The Student Room Group

Prediction lower than AS grade?!

Hello.

I got 273 UMS in AQA Maths AS-level (An A is 240). I've asked my teachers what my predicted grade is for Maths and they have said a B since they're not sure if I can attain an A overall. I find this absurd and I hope to persuade them to change their minds.

Anyway, do universities look at AS grades since my AS is better than my prediction and would it be likely to affect my chances of getting an offer?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by bodgity
Hello.

I got 273 UMS in AQA Maths AS-level (An A is 240). I've asked my teachers what my predicted grade is for Maths and they have said a B since they're not sure if I can attain an A overall. I find this absurd and I hope to persuade them to change their minds.

Anyway, do universities look at AS grades since my AS is better than my prediction and would it be likely to affect my chances of getting an offer?

Thanks

What are you applying for, and what did you get in each module?
Original post by bodgity
Hello.

Thanks

Lmao, you should be predicted an a*, as you have over 90% UMS
Reply 3
Original post by bodgity
Hello.

Thanks

It's probably because they're not satisfied your current A2 work will maintain an A grade - since AS and A2 is combined.

If you've been doing well, especially in mock exams - I would ask about it.
Reply 4
Original post by Mining
What are you applying for, and what did you get in each module?

I am applying for Computer Science. Some of the universities I'm thinking of applying to require an A in Maths.

I got 93 in C1, 84 in C2 and 96 in D1.
Reply 5
Original post by bodgity
I am applying for Computer Science. Some of the universities I'm thinking of applying to require an A in Maths.

I was expecting you to have gotten significantly less in one module, and that was why you had a predicted grade of a B. That's an unfortunate position to be in - applying for Computer Science, especially - sorry I couldn't be of further help.
Original post by bodgity

Wow mate, sounds like you should be predicted an A*. Those are some top grades. Your teacher may think you are under performing this year. Try and impress your teacher and they gave give you the grade you are looking for. All the best, James. Mashallah <3
Reply 7
Alluah Achbar
Reply 8
Original post by fishfingerjames
Wow mate, sounds like you should be predicted an A*. Those are some top grades. Your teacher may think you are under performing this year. Try and impress your teacher and they gave give you the grade you are looking for. All the best, James. Mashallah <3

masha allah to you my brother see you in paradise
Original post by bodgity
Piss off you Muslim ****

Wow that is offensive man. Free Palestine. Israel is an apartheid state. Free Speech. AF

Quick Reply

Latest