The Student Room Group

Is the EU Remain campaign finished? Most MPs are Europhobic.

Poll

Is the Remain campaign finished?

The remain campaign sunk by a huge tide of Europhobic MPs!

Over 70% of MPs have supported Britain's prompt departure from Europe. Without any parliamentary allies it seems the remain campaign is finished. What will become of the remain campaign now? I think it will cease to exist.
Probably will.

I'm sure many of the 70% are europhiles but are deciding to side with the public, which is very good of them.
Reply 2
It was finished on the 24th of June 2016.
Original post by Ambitious1999
The remain campaign sunk by a huge tide of Europhobic MPs!

Over 70% of MPs have supported Britain's prompt departure from Europe. Without any parliamentary allies it seems the remain campaign is finished. What will become of the remain campaign now? I think it will cease to exist.

I think you are ignoring democracy here. 70% of MPs support leaving the EU because of the referendum result. That will only change if public opinion changes. Public opinion doesn't change merely because you repeat the question. Either the question changes or events change. In 1938 most people wanted peace with Germany. By 1939 they wanted to declare war.

Events haven't changed since June and at the moment the question is the same. The question will, not may, change once a deal is struck. Neither you nor I know what public opinion will say about that deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending