Is the EU Remain campaign finished? Most MPs are Europhobic.

Watch
Poll: Is the Remain campaign finished?
Yes. They have no support among politicians. (4)
80%
No. They will return in the future. (1)
20%
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The remain campaign sunk by a huge tide of Europhobic MPs!

Over 70% of MPs have supported Britain's prompt departure from Europe. Without any parliamentary allies it seems the remain campaign is finished. What will become of the remain campaign now? I think it will cease to exist.
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably will.

I'm sure many of the 70% are europhiles but are deciding to side with the public, which is very good of them.
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was finished on the 24th of June 2016.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
The remain campaign sunk by a huge tide of Europhobic MPs!

Over 70% of MPs have supported Britain's prompt departure from Europe. Without any parliamentary allies it seems the remain campaign is finished. What will become of the remain campaign now? I think it will cease to exist.
I think you are ignoring democracy here. 70% of MPs support leaving the EU because of the referendum result. That will only change if public opinion changes. Public opinion doesn't change merely because you repeat the question. Either the question changes or events change. In 1938 most people wanted peace with Germany. By 1939 they wanted to declare war.

Events haven't changed since June and at the moment the question is the same. The question will, not may, change once a deal is struck. Neither you nor I know what public opinion will say about that deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
12.82%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (73)
62.39%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
11.97%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (12)
10.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.56%

Watched Threads