Turn on thread page Beta

want some new music watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im looking for some new music to listen too as Ive had enough of whats currently on my mp3 player. I wondered does anyone know any bands with similar music to good charlotte, busted, blink 182, scissor sisters or any boy bandy music really lol. I know my taste is not well respected but still.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried looking for similar artists on last fm?

ReputationRep:
    Busted?!?!? :eek4:

*pukes*

...you could follow in their footsteps by banging some bin lids together whilst strangling your cat...

ReputationRep:
    Ummm...maybe check out a band called Elliot Minor. They'd fit with you liking Good Charlotte and Blink 182 as they're kinda pop-punk and they also have boyband harmonies which would fit in with Busted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy20)

*pukes*

...you could follow in their footsteps by banging some bin lids together whilst strangling your cat...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Reel Big Fish, are sort of pop punk / ska

ReputationRep:
    Old Sum 41? New Found Glory maybe? Bowling For Soup?

Tehe, i havent listened to any of these for years ^_^ Brings back good memories of being a pre-teen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy20)

*pukes*

Nope, that would take talent. If they really wanna be like Busted the trick is it get someone else to do it for you and then make it look like you're doing it.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Busted weren't THAT bad...

Try Relient K they're quite Blink 182-ish, and upcoming.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Blink-182 style has really died off in the last couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    +44 and Angels and Airwaves made up of the blink 182 members have new(ish) albums out,

ReputationRep:
    Angels and Airwaves are made up of ex 182 people? Didn't know that :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Two of blink 182 went to +44, and the other formed another band called Angels and Airwaves.

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't realised. I quite like A+A

ReputationRep:
    You put Blink-182 forward as boybandy?! :mad:

+44 are good, yer. Sum 41 as well.

For anyone, though, The Spill Canvas are an absolute must have. Buy their albums now. All of them. Especially One Fell Swoop and Sunsets and Carcrashes.

ReputationRep:
    Who said Blink 182 were boybandy?

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was what the OP was implying. Either that or they meant *the following artists* or Boybandy stuff, though I'd bank on it being the first.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I probably never read the first post :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    Oh, I probably never read the first post :p:
    It generally helps :hugs: :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.