Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Hey there,
    I got some of my GCSE results today (as I'm in Northern Ireland). I got an A in ICT, which is GREAT, but I found out that I am, AT MOST, 3 marks away from an A* in it.. I could even just be 1 mark away from it!
    Do you think I should get a re-mark? Computing is what I want to do a B-Tech in, so I think it would look great if I got the A* in GCSE ICT.
    What do you think the chances of my grade going up are if I got a re-mark?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Get a remark. You've got that grade for life so the better it sounds, the more chances you have of impressing future employers/universities.

Chances are very high! Something like 98% of all remarks go up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Hey there,
    I got some of my GCSE results today (as I'm in Northern Ireland). I got an A in ICT, which is GREAT, but I found out that I am, AT MOST, 3 marks away from an A* in it.. I could even just be 1 mark away from it!
    Do you think I should get a re-mark? Computing is what I want to do a B-Tech in, so I think it would look great if I got the A* in GCSE ICT.
    What do you think the chances of my grade going up are if I got a re-mark?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon.

I don't think you should get it remark partly due to the fact that A* and A are really good. When you apply to universities, it won't make a difference to them whether it is an A or A*. So don't get it remark. It will be a waste of time and human resources.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.