Whatsapp contact picture disappears then reappears then disappears hopefully it reapp

Watch
This discussion is closed.
hsv
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Whatsapp contact disappears then reappears then disappears hopefully it reappears again why may this be happening. Last Saturday when a friend of mine from China messaged me on whatsapp with her new phone the whatsapp profile pictures of two friends from North Africa disappeared then afterwards one of the profile pictures of the contacts reappeared, I tried to contact the other contact whose profile disappeared and the messages went to one tick then was seen and responded to ( which is normal for this contact).

The other contact whose picture reappeared who I talked to normally was ok until today when the Chinese contact sent me another message and low and behold a few minutes later the same contact who picture disappeared last Tuesday had their picture disappear again.

I went to check their profile and they usually have a message in their status (you know which usually says hay there I am using whatsapp though this person had a saying) then I checked the profile of the person whose profile picture never cane back and their status in their profile with a saying was still there. This is quite strange as this has only started when the Chinese person with their new phone started messaging me last Saturday 3rd December what could have happened and how do I get my contact picture and status in their profile back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hsv)
Whatsapp contact disappears then reappears then disappears hopefully it reappears again why may this be happening. Last Saturday when a friend of mine from China messaged me on whatsapp with her new phone the whatsapp profile pictures of two friends from North Africa disappeared then afterwards one of the profile pictures of the contacts reappeared, I tried to contact the other contact whose profile disappeared and the messages went to one tick then was seen and responded to ( which is normal for this contact).

The other contact whose picture reappeared who I talked to normally was ok until today when the Chinese contact sent me another message and low and behold a few minutes later the same contact who picture disappeared last Tuesday had their picture disappear again.

I went to check their profile and they usually have a message in their status (you know which usually says hay there I am using whatsapp though this person had a saying) then I checked the profile of the person whose profile picture never cane back and their status in their profile with a saying was still there. This is quite strange as this has only started when the Chinese person with their new phone started messaging me last Saturday 3rd December what could have happened and how do I get my contact picture and status in their profile back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It could be that they've taken it down themselves.. I know people who do that.
familycomesfirst
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
when you don't clean your history chats for long time that's what causes pictures to disappear and reappear its really common on iPhone
shawn.mickell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah its a common fault with iPhone Head over to Settings-> General -> Storage
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.56%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
10.94%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.38%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.31%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (31)
9.69%
Financial worries (22)
6.88%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.94%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.5%

Watched Threads