Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm walking home from town (picked up some birthday cards and the Nirvana Unplugged and new RHCP albums from MVC) and some 13 year olds decked out in those hideous burberry caps and t-shirts with the white on black scrawly writing are playing a little game. Now the point of their game was to spit on as many of those drain lid things as possible, they followed this up by lobbing stuff into the road and going "is you startin' wiv me?!" when some younger people went by.

Then there was the time these two townies were on bikes and passed me and a friend, I looked back at them because I thought I recognised one from my old school and they went in to the whole "wot da 'ell iz u starin' at m8?! i f'n bottle ya one mate! yeah!" routine.
    And then there's the obligatory cluster of townies who stand at bus shelters and shout "omgz my m8 finks wot u iz hot!1" idiots - except the 'm8' is a nasty fat townie with those big hoopy earrings who can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I. Hate. Townies. Sorry, just a mini-rant that makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    Most 'townies' are absolutely fine. You just don't notice them because they don't shout abuse at you. You just notice the tiny percentage that bother you and lump them all with the same brush.

And stop proving your 'alternative' credentials by telling us what you were buying. it really doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I hate chavs as well, they are the weirdest creature known to man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonJam)
    nasty fat townie with those big hoopy earrings who can barely string a coherent sentence together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    And stop proving your 'alternative' credentials by telling us what you were buying. it really doesn't matter.
    *grin*

ReputationRep:
    Most 'townies' are absolutely fine. You just don't notice them because they don't shout abuse at you. You just notice the tiny percentage that bother you and lump them all with the same brush.

Townies are horrible...the only reason i dont notice some because they 'dont hurl abuse' is because they tend to be one or two, they wont dare approach you, but when they know they can do harm they dont hesitate to act. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonJam)
    So I'm walking home from town (picked up some birthday cards and the Nirvana Unplugged and new RHCP albums from MVC) and some 13 year olds decked out in those hideous burberry caps and t-shirts with the white on black scrawly writing are playing a little game. Now the point of their game was to spit on as many of those drain lid things as possible, they followed this up by lobbing stuff into the road and going "is you startin' wiv me?!" when some younger people went by.

Then there was the time these two townies were on bikes and passed me and a friend, I looked back at them because I thought I recognised one from my old school and they went in to the whole "wot da 'ell iz u starin' at m8?! i f'n bottle ya one mate! yeah!" routine.
    And then there's the obligatory cluster of townies who stand at bus shelters and shout "omgz my m8 finks wot u iz hot!1" idiots - except the 'm8' is a nasty fat townie with those big hoopy earrings who can barely string a coherant sentance together.

Im with you on that one, I bumped into a group last night on my way home, was about 1am, and I had just been dropped off by my mate at the end of my road. As I was walking down, a group came walking towards me and started pumping out the whole "Gimme all ya money!" bullsh*t. Though they were not as bad as some Ive encountered, so I just laughed and walked faster, which developed into full force sprint all the way home. All was ok.

ReputationRep:
    We call those type of Townies "Bag Heads" to seperate them from the normal Townies. I personaly cannot stand Bag Heads - they are always mouthing off and they seem to have this ability to think that no matter how stupid they are they always think they are clever. :rolleyes:

Most of the time they hang around at petrol stations and the like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeitgeist)
    *grin*
    A lot of people do that though. They go out of their way to shove how 'different' they are down everyone's throats. It gets on my tits. They're usually the ones who complain about people giving them labels whilst at the same time labelling half the population 'townie scum'

ReputationRep:
    Well, all townies orginiate from the chav, which originate from chatham unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Hayley does have a point in that not all townies are chavs, but all chavs are townies. (Sounding like a question in an IQ test here!)

But I agree, the people you speak of (chavs, not townies ) are scum. They should all be institutionalised for 're-education'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Im with you on that one, I bumped into a group last night on my way home, was about 1am, and I had just been dropped off by my mate at the end of my road. As I was walking down, a group came walking towards me and started pumping out the whole "Gimme all ya money!" bullsh*t. Though they were not as bad as some Ive encountered, so I just laughed and walked faster, which developed into full force sprint all the way home. All was ok.
    Wait untill you encounter them when you are walking your dogs (if applicable) - they arn't so brave then; its the old "alright mate" and they step aside to let you pass. They're just bullies when it comes down to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    Hayley does have a point in that not all townies are chavs, but all chavs are townies. (Sounding like a question in an IQ test here!)

But I agree, the people you speak of (chavs, not townies ) are scum. They should all be institutionalised for 're-education'.
    re-education, we think not, more of relocation. no one likes the isle of man do they?

ReputationRep:
    Guildford is the worst place in the world for that i have ever been!! Dam chavs. Scare them all off if you start on them! Like agressive pigeons!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people do that though. They go out of their way to shove how 'different' they are down everyone's throats. It gets on my tits. They're usually the ones who complain about people giving them labels whilst at the same time labelling half the population 'townie scum'
    i do know what you mean, very david brent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Guildford is the worst place in the world for that i have ever been!! Dam chavs. Scare them all off if you start on them! Like agressive pigeons!
    Excuse me, but surely the worst place for chavs would be chatham, after all, it is their mecca as such.

ReputationRep:

that bit made me chortle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Excuse me, but surely the worst place for chavs would be chatham, after all, it is their mecca as such.
    never been to chatham!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    never been to chatham!!
    Consider yourself lucky, it is just across the river from me.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Guildford....

I didn't mean to prove my 'alternative credentials' or whatever, I'll listen to anything really (I even like a few Sugababes songs). Did someone crap in your cornflakes or something today? :P

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.