The Student Room Group

Codeine

I like taking codeine to feel relaxed, I do it when I please but I am scared of getting addicted? Should I just avoid it all together?
you really should not do that?

its known as lean which is also known as purp

that **** is foul and deadly wtf

u DAMN sure shouldnt be mixing other subs with it like pills and narcs and weed and drink...
otherwise RIP

Original post by Anonymous
I like taking codeine to feel relaxed, I do it when I please but I am scared of getting addicted? Should I just avoid it all together?
Reply 2
I did this for years to try and control my anxiety and I did become addicted. One of the most stupid mistakes I've ever done. You should nip this in the bud before you do go down that road. If you are taking them to feel relaxed due to stress going on in your life or because maybe you have anxiety issues, it would be wise to find other outlets to help you deal with things such as exercising, joining a social group or if you are really struggling, go to your GP for help.

It's been four years since I stopped taking codeine and haven't even taken one since even if I'm in extreme pain. Please do make sure you nip it in the bud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a similar issue, and I ended up addicted. It's really hard to stop taking them once you're in the habit. My advice is to not take any more, and for pain and stuff try to find alternatives. Drugs like that can be incredibly addictive, but there are also some painkillers like paracetamol and ibuprofen that are much better you can use so you don't have to use the codeine at all :hugs:
Reply 4

Codine is a strong painkiller that should not be used for long periods of time. It, like most drugs, can have nast side effects and cause damage to your body if used it too high doses or too often. If you use it on a regular basis it can also mean that painkillers will be less effective when you need them. And as you have touched on it can also be addictive or you may become reliant on it.

If you need help relaxing there are better options than codine. You may find talking to a doctor beneficial as your needing help relaxing could imply a bit of a stress or anxiety disorder. There are herbal treatments for stress along with medical treatments and these would be more appropriate than a painkiller. You may also like to check out mind.org and sane.org to see if any of the ino on anxiety or stress disorders could apply to you and try out some of the advice they give.

I suggest you go have a chat with your doctor about the best way to deal with stress. They may suggest things like therapy, lifestyle changes and herbal remedies and may also suggest some medication like beta blockers if necessary.

I certinally would stop taking the codine all together. It sounds like you could be at risk of becoming reliant and that can lead to a whole host of issues.

Quick Reply

Latest