Karvel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Okay so I've been recommended by friends 'Mops', 'Sherlocks' and 'Hair Cuttery' or something... anyone got any good/bad experiences of either of them or can recommend any others?

Thanks!
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mops is brilliant! I love Mops.. though it is expensive compared to your average barbers.. (about £29), I really think it's worth the money
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I like Jade of Jesmond next to Mr. Lynches. It's a bit expensive but they have a 50% student discount and it was easily the best haircut I ever had!!!
kirsTie*G
Report 12 years ago
Haha i never even thought of the haircutting sitchh!
I'm proper fussy about hairdressers aswell
..atm Mops is sounding like the place to be!
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think I'm just going to be a proper student and get my parents to pay for me to go to my normal hairdressers when I come home! I'll have to get a fringe trim before I go away and then I'll be fine until I come back again!
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There's two Mops in Newcastle, I go to the Gallowgate one though I'm sure both are just as good.
mattye
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by s_qween)
I think I'm just going to be a proper student and get my parents to pay for me to go to my normal hairdressers when I come home! I'll have to get a fringe trim before I go away and then I'll be fine until I come back again!
You're talking like a student already! You've gotta consider that 3 haircuts over the year is the equivilent of a night out lost. A night out, to cut your barnet, when your rents pay for it at home. No brainer. You'll make a top student!
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Darn.. I should have read that pre-arrival Welcome Pack more closely :p:
Karvel
Rep:
?
Is there a Mops near Topshop or something?
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not sure.. the one on Collingwood road is quite central, the gallowgate one which I go to is just a short walk down from Chinatown, so it's not too bad a walk either
Karvel
Rep:
?
Okay I got recommended a "Jill" or a "Joel" in the Gallowgate Mops... can't remember which name, anyone know if one of those names (people :p:) exists at that one?
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nope, sorry! I get Matthew in the Gallowgate one, he's my favourite if that helps :p:
Karvel
Rep:
?
Haha is he hot?
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some may say so!! He's also really good at conversation and funny, not to mention probably the best in the whole place. He got pached away from Mops for a while but he's back
Karvel
Rep:
?
Hmm maybe I might make an appointment with him then. Does he have nice (long?) hair? Always a sign of a good hairdresser I feel
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I haven't seen him in a while, but last time I saw him he was growing it so you never know!
Karvel
Rep:
?
Woo mops was brill!!! I think I was slightly over-impressed by those remote controlled chairs when you get your hair washed :p:
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hooray Glad it paid off! The chairs are brilliant I was worried the first time I was annoying the woman cause I was using as many of the controls as I could Did you get Matthew?
Karvel
Rep:
?
Matthew does mondays only or something so I got Jill instead who was rather fabulous!!
spaffy
Report 9 years ago
Went to Mops a few years ago (actually around 2007 when these posts started) and they were amazing however, went last week and they were absolutely rubbish!

I went to the one opposite topshop. It started with the shampoo girl, who for some reason wouldn't even look me in the eye, didn't smile the whole time we spoke and pulled my head around like it was a dogtoy.

The girl doing my hair looked at everything except my hair while she was drying it and seemed totally disintrested in the whole interaction. She was stroppy when I asked her to change somthing and to be honest my hair looks just as crap as it did when I went in (the whole point of getting it done was it was looking boring and split endy) but I've now spent £30 for the privilege.

Mops used to be great but it's taken a massive nosedive in quality of the cut and general service.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed