Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln - Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by a.pex
They have all different kinds of options actually, the ones that I've seen are Standard Square, Standard Ensuite, Standard Ensuite with view of the Marina, Super Deluxe Ensuite, and then some Studio options. The prices are good, it's in a really good location, onsite gym, and the staff throw parties/events for students and things like that. I've been checking out their FB page and the reviews there are pretty solid.

Also I felt the same way as you about the on campus accom... Lincoln Courts looks a bit like a prison, but I'd say the social environment there is the best out of the lot. It's a shame that nobody seems to know for sure if Cygnet will be completely ready for September.

Oh yeah, I phrased it wrong. I mean't there wasn't the options to choose the type of room (the ones you listed) for Brayford Quay when applying for it was there?

I'd totally agree, plus I wasn't a great fan of on-campus accommodation since it has higher costs and shorter contracts. Regarding Cygnet Wharf, I called them up and they stated not all of it will be finished I think 1/3 the blocks will be finished. However, I have Cygnet Wharf as my second choice, but I doubt I would get it since there will be very tough competition for it, so unless you put it as first choice I doubt you'd get it anyways.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 41
Tbh the accommodation doesn’t matter that much to me, they all do the same job, you can also make it your own and jazz it up a bit anyways, I don’t think the images do any of them justice tbh. I just want more of a social environment :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by bhfn
Oh yeah, I phrased it wrong. I mean't there wasn't the options to choose the type of room (the ones you listed) for Brayford Quay when applying for it was there?

I'd totally agree, plus I wasn't a great fan of on-campus accommodation since it has higher costs and shorter contracts. Regarding Cygnet Wharf, I called them up and they stated not all of it will be finished I think 1/3 the blocks will be finished. However, I have Cygnet Wharf as my second choice, but I doubt I would get it since there will be very tough competition for it, so unless you put it as first choice I doubt you'd get it anyways.

Oh yeah, I could only choose between Ensuite and Studio when I applied today. They don't let you choose the actual type of Ensuite until you have your place confirmed there (think it's August), and I think it's a first come first serve thing all over again.

I've no idea what's gonna happen with Cygnet, or if it will be finished. People keep being told different things!! But yeah I think your first choice pref is a great one... can't beat having a Maccies right outside your accommodation. :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by a.pex
Oh yeah, I could only choose between Ensuite and Studio when I applied today. They don't let you choose the actual type of Ensuite until you have your place confirmed there (think it's August), and I think it's a first come first serve thing all over again.

I've no idea what's gonna happen with Cygnet, or if it will be finished. People keep being told different things!! But yeah I think your first choice pref is a great one... can't beat having a Maccies right outside your accommodation. :biggrin:

haha yeah, was the biggest factor for me! Also don't forget Pizza hut too LOL. But yeah everything to do with university is done for me, so just exams soon ugh...
Reply 44
Lincoln has just posted about the buildings saying it wont be long until they are all complete so im unsure about Cygnet?
Hey, I have no clue which accommodation I want and I'm worrying about it because loads of people are already applying for it and i haven't even accepted my place here yet or applied for student finance... I'm not too fussed on which place i stay as long as its really close to or on campus and also not too expensive... too much choice 😂😂
I accepted accommodation at pavilion house, they have 3/4 beds, the rooms are big and they have fab en suites and it's on campus but you apply via prodigy living, it's totally sociable and it's good for price!
Reply 47
hello!!!
ive applied for accomodation but i did it in a bit of a rush bc i didnt want cygnet wharf to be all booked up, so i picked random places;
1 - cygnet wharf
2 - lincoln courts (en-suite)
3 - lincoln courts (not en-suite)
4 - park courts
5 - the junxion
6 - the gateway

not too sure if the ones below 3 are any good i was rushing, does anyone know when we'll find out about what were allocated bc mine just says awaiting verification (& i really want on campus accommodation)
any help would be appreciated x
Reply 48
Original post by bessieht
hello!!!
ive applied for accomodation but i did it in a bit of a rush bc i didnt want cygnet wharf to be all booked up, so i picked random places;
1 - cygnet wharf
2 - lincoln courts (en-suite)
3 - lincoln courts (not en-suite)
4 - park courts
5 - the junxion
6 - the gateway

not too sure if the ones below 3 are any good i was rushing, does anyone know when we'll find out about what were allocated bc mine just says awaiting verification (& i really want on campus accommodation)
any help would be appreciated x

I've heard they're good, Junxion and Lincoln courts apparently have the best social life & I don't think all 3 blocks for Cygnet Wharf will be completed so there would be heavy competition but who knows & you find out in august what accommodation place you have received.

Quick Reply

Latest