joey567
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  156.3 KB Attachment 601806601808601900
So I applied for Kent university and got a reply. The reply is shown in the first image above and states 'we would like to invite you for interview for the above course. Click make a booking to see full details.' However when I click make a booking it comes up with details for a applicants day, no interview mentioned. So I'm really confused as to wether I need to prepare for an interview and will an interview actually take place? (Applicants day details shown in second image above)
Anu help would be appreciated, thanks.
Attached files
rhiannon277
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joey567)
So I applied for Kent university and got a reply. The reply is shown in the first image above and states 'we would like to invite you for interview for the above course. Click make a booking to see full details.' However when I click make a booking it comes up with details for a applicants day, no interview mentioned. So I'm really confused as to wether I need to prepare for an interview and will an interview actually take place? (Applicants day details shown in second image above)
The sensible thing to do would be to wring them and ask. My brother is at Kent, they are very friendly!
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you looked at the itinerary yet for the day, as that should give you detailed information about the structure of the day including interview. The interview is incorporated into the applicant day, you have tours, Q&A's, Lunch other activities etc. and then interview at the end of the applicant day. Well at least that's what happened with me anyway as I had my interview at University of kent yesterday but for Computer Science.
Good luck for the interview!
SonoLuma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My understanding is that an applicants day is essentially a convention for the purpose of stuff like interviews. This would make sense as universities interview thousands of people. Probably better to contact the university anyway and confirm.
joey567
Rep:
?
(Original post by squirrology)
Have you looked at the itinerary yet for the day, as that should give you detailed information about the structure of the day including interview. The interview is incorporated into the applicant day, you have tours, Q&A's, Lunch other activities etc. and then interview at the end of the applicant day. Well at least that's what happened with me anyway as I had my interview at University of kent yesterday but for Computer Science.
Good luck for the interview!
Thanks! What sort of questions were you asked for your interview if you don't mind me asking?
squirrology
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks! What sort of questions were you asked for your interview if you don't mind me asking?
They just basically asked me why I applied to Kent and why I specifically want to study the course, and we just spoke about my interests. The interview was extremely informal and I think it only lasted 10 - 15 minutes
joey567
Rep:
?
They just basically asked me why I applied to Kent and why I specifically want to study the course, and we just spoke about my interests. The interview was extremely informal and I think it only lasted 10 - 15 minutes
Thanks a lot, appreciate that
joey567
Rep:
?
Did they expect your to already have knowledge on the modules within the course? For example within my course there is some C sharp, JavaScript and programming modules. I know nothing about this stuff at the moment as I've always done ICT and not computer science. So if I was asked questions about particularl course content I wouldn't know the answer? Thanks a lot
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did they expect your to already have knowledge on the modules within the course? For example within my course there is some C sharp, JavaScript and programming modules. I know nothing about this stuff at the moment as I've always done ICT and not computer science. So if I was asked questions about particularl course content I wouldn't know the answer? Thanks a lot
An "interview" at an applicant day is just an informal meet and greet and is primarily a chance for the university to persuade YOU to Firm THEM.

Nearly everyone invited to an Applicant Day receives an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
squirrology
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nah, during the Q&A session they pretty much emphasised the idea that not everyone will be at the same level programming wise and at the beginning of the course they will make sure everyone is at the same level, so it doesn't really matter.
During my interview they asked me what a Class and an Object was but I heard for other people they had to actually answer a mathematical problem, nevertheless, there is nothing to worry about and the interview is pretty chill anyway. I'm the same as you, I only have experience in C#, and JavaScript, & I currently study ICT not computer science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (272)
66.5%
No (137)
33.5%

Watched Threads