The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Prosthetics and Orthotics - 2017

Hey so is anyone applying for this course in September or has done it before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied, have you? Can't wait to hear back! Fingers crossed!!
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
I have an offer from Salford! Just need to send them copies of my grades :biggrin:
Reply 3
When did you apply and how long did they take to get back to you? Have you had an interview?
Reply 4
Original post by bubblepop123
I have an offer from Salford! Just need to send them copies of my grades :biggrin:

What grades do you need to send to them?
Reply 5
Hi, I've gotten an offer from Salford too :smile: I also got that grades thing, I think they just want photocopies of your GCSE certificates, and maybe AS? I can't remember... You don't have to do it until June/Julyish i think though.
Has anyone applied for/heard back from Strathclyde?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by bethancol
Hi, I've gotten an offer from Salford too :smile: I also got that grades thing, I think they just want photocopies of your GCSE certificates, and maybe AS? I can't remember... You don't have to do it until June/Julyish i think though

Did you have an interview aswell?? I would think it's just GCSE grades not too sure through
Original post by lca123
Did you have an interview aswell?? I would think it's just GCSE grades not too sure through

I didn't get asked for an interview, they said the conditions were ABB for a level, and the gcse thing and some kind of health check?? It sounded really weird but I asked my sixth form and they said it was normal to ask for the extra stuff, it's just not normally an entry condition.
Have you heard back from anywhere yet?
Reply 8
Original post by bethancollins
I didn't get asked for an interview, they said the conditions were ABB for a level, and the gcse thing and some kind of health check?? It sounded really weird but I asked my sixth form and they said it was normal to ask for the extra stuff, it's just not normally an entry condition.
Have you heard back from anywhere yet?

Aw thats good! I havent heard back from Strathclyde or Salford yet, hopefully I hear something soon hahaha
Reply 9
Original post by lca123
Aw thats good! I havent heard back from Strathclyde or Salford yet, hopefully I hear something soon hahaha

When did you apply? I haven't heard back either, I've only applied to Salford though!
Reply 10
Original post by Constg92
When did you apply? I haven't heard back either, I've only applied to Salford though!

I sent my application away on the 30th November! What about you?
Original post by lca123
What grades do you need to send to them?

My ALevels which were BBBC
Original post by lca123

I didn't get asked for an interview, just a straight unconditional offer
I didn't get asked for an interview, just a straight unconditional offer

Did you do gap year then if you already have your a levels?
Original post by bethancollins
Did you do gap year then if you already have your a levels?

I did yeah
Reply 15
Hi All,

Just thought I would jump in. I've just finished my first term on P&O at Salford and loving it.

Those who haven't heard back yet, we've just had exams so tutors have been marking those for us but things get back to normal next week so you may hear then.

If anyone has any questions just give me a shout.

Catherine :smile:
Original post by apbk
Hi. Can you remember what date you sent your application? I sent mine on the 2nd December and haven't heard back yet. It's making me nervous.

Sent it off 9th November, got an offer on the 30th November.
Original post by cclay
Hi All,

Just thought I would jump in. I've just finished my first term on P&O at Salford and loving it.

Those who haven't heard back yet, we've just had exams so tutors have been marking those for us but things get back to normal next week so you may hear then.

If anyone has any questions just give me a shout.

Catherine :smile:

Did you get an offer from Strathclyde aswell, if so, why did you choose Salford?
Reply 18
Did you get an offer from Strathclyde aswell, if so, why did you choose Salford?

Hiya, I actually only applied to Salford as I was relocating from Plymouth and Glasgow was going to be a bit too far!

I know others just simply preferred Salford and the teaching staff also the fact that it's 3 years instead of 4 at Salford.

Sorry can't really be help on that one.

😊
I've just accepted my offer! Who else is going? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest