Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how strict LSE are with extra curricular activities...i.e. how much emphasis they place upon them.
    I have received 8A* 1A 1B in GCSEs (eng lang and lit respectively for the A/B) but possess no extra curricular activities at all:confused: :confused:
    For alevels i have chosen Spanish, Chemistry, Biology, Economics and French.

Do you think I will be able to get an offer to study International Relations at LSE with these criteria - I have the intention of being a diplomat in the future.:p:

I also go to a private/grammar school, and have heard the admission tutors expect far higher grades (e.g. GCSEs) than other applicants.

ReputationRep:
    well if you have a year before you apply and you feel that you're letting yourself down on the EC front, then you know what to do with your year

ReputationRep:
    How come you have NO ECs at all?! Surely you've done something involving sports, something creative, or community service of some sort any some point in your high school career?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korektphool)
    How come you have NO ECs at all?! Surely you've done something involving sports, something creative, or community service of some sort any some point in your high school career?
    i have done GCSE work experience - one week at a law firm, and another at an accountants firm. Does this count as extra curricular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSSAAAUUUDDD)
    i have done GCSE work experience - one week at a law firm, and another at an accountants firm. Does this count as extra curricular?
    I'm not sure about that. But still, don't you have any hobbies or things that you do in your leisure time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korektphool)
    I'm not sure about that. But still, don't you have any hobbies or things that you do in your leisure time?

seriously..i have nothing as such :confused:

ReputationRep:
    one week at a law firm, and another at an accountants firm. Does this count as extra curricular?
    You should mention that, and be overly creative in ur elaboration of this if you have nthin else to write on ur ps

ReputationRep:
    I agree with J-bob, use the last few months you have and stock up on EC's.

ReputationRep:
    are you just starting you AS levels? if you are then you have like 12 - 14 months to get some ECs, and if you about to start year 13 i guess it depends on whether you're aiming for oxbridge or not but potentially you have about 4 months to do some ECs. will they matter - perhaps not if you have stellar grades but they would probably help, particularly if they are relevant. LSE want 25% of the PS to be EC related so it would be silly to have nothin there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-bob)
    are you just starting you AS levels? if you are then you have like 12 - 14 months to get some ECs, and if you about to start year 13 i guess it depends on whether you're aiming for oxbridge or not but potentially you have about 4 months to do some ECs. will they matter - perhaps not if you have stellar grades but they would probably help, particularly if they are relevant. LSE want 25% of the PS to be EC related so it would be silly to have nothin there

25%, really??:confused: :confused: what are "stellar" grades, and are my GCSEs considered stellar?

ReputationRep:
    8A* 1A 1B is pretty stellar...and at AS i dont know what is stellar but i guess straight As should be your aim with GCSEs like that. and yes, 25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-bob)
    8A* 1A 1B is pretty stellar...and at AS i dont know what is stellar but i guess straight As should be your aim with GCSEs like that. and yes, 25%

lol...hehe thanks:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.