The Student Room Group

3 Higher Level Sciences at IB

Hi,

I am really really passionate about science and I would like to take 3 Higher Level IB sciences. I am not sure what I need to do to take 3 IB sciences though, what do I need to do to be allowed to take 3 IB sciences? I have heard you need a university that says you need 3 IB sciences to get in, I can't find any universities that want 3 IB sciences, what places need 3 IB sciences?
You can't do 3 HL Science courses in IB, since out of the 6 areas (3 HL, 3 SL) - one has to be about language / literature, one has to be a foreign language, one has to be humanity and one has to be Maths. You can only pick a maximum of two science subjects (by replacing the arts group with a science subject)
Reply 2
Original post by BobBobson
You can't do 3 HL Science courses in IB, since out of the 6 areas (3 HL, 3 SL) - one has to be about language / literature, one has to be a foreign language, one has to be humanity and one has to be Maths. You can only pick a maximum of two science subjects (by replacing the arts group with a science subject)

I know some people in my school who dropped the humanities subject and took a third science, its called an irregular diploma but I don't know how I can apply for this
Original post by TheFoxADV
I know some people in my school who dropped the humanities subject and took a third science, its called an irregular diploma but I don't know how I can apply for this

Hmm,I never knew about that. Perhaps someone more knowledgable about IB can help you there. Either way, universities won't be expecting 3 HL sciences, let alone be requiring it.

Quick Reply

Latest