The Student Room Group

Durham or Birmingham for Sport?

Hi everyone, would you recommend going to Birmingham or Durham for Sport (SPECS vs Sport Excercise and Physical Activity) I hold offers from both of them and am really not sure which one to firm. At the end of the day, where would I have better prospects?
Reply 1
Original post by prostheticzeta
Hi everyone, would you recommend going to Birmingham or Durham for Sport (SPECS vs Sport Excercise and Physical Activity) I hold offers from both of them and am really not sure which one to firm. At the end of the day, where would I have better prospects?

I can't comment on the courses at all, but Birmingham will naturally have more options sport-wise outside of education, with two 2nd division football teams in Brum and one 1st division one down the road, plus you've got the cricket there. Those two are the big ones I guess, but with it being a big city, there's gonna be opportunities for a lot more stuff.
I would say they are both equally as good, Birmingham needs no introduction, second biggest city in England. Durham is a really nice city though as well.
I'm pretty sure Birmingham just finished a new sports centre, so I reckon Birmingham is better
Original post by prostheticzeta

Hi,
Thank you for your question. I am a second year at UoB and I really recommend Birmingham. I don't study SPECS myself, but I have made multiple friends through the Uni Swimming Club who do SPECS and really enjoy the course. As mentioned, we have a brand new sports facility, which includes a 50m swimming pool, athletics track, dojo and lots more. Bham and Durham are both excellent Unis and I am sure you would excel if you went to either of them.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Erin :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending