Turn on thread page Beta

Is it very strange to not have ever had a serious boyfriend by the age of 20 and over that. I'm older than that and feel that it's really weird. My relationships only last for a month at maximum. Is there anyone else who hasn't or had not had a serious boyfriend by that age?

its not strange. there are people in similar positions, these types of threads pop up all the time
    dont worry about what people will think, its how you feel about it that matters
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Some shallow people seem to think it is, not mentioning names, but no there is nothing wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    nah it's not strange. I know I'm only 17 but I've never had a serious relationship either and I tend to think it'll happen when the right person comes along

ReputationRep:
    That really isn't strange! My current boyfriend is 21 (almost 22..) and I'm his first real relationship. Me, well I've had one previous relationship which did'nt last very long, so I don't think it count's but whatever...:rolleyes: My current boyfriend and I are pretty intense. I agree with Rock Fan, only a shallow person would be set a time limit/age on things like this lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and haven't had a relationship.

I was looking at the other thread on here, and most people had their first serious relationship at 15 or 16, so it feels strange.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have anything like a proper relationship until I was 19, and know similar tales from others so there is no need to worry about it being unnatural.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was looking at the other thread on here, and most people had their first serious relationship at 15 or 16, so it feels strange.
    Not being horrible to those people who have, but many of them have not lasted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    dont look at that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think it is sad also that many people think it's weird not having sex by say 20 and it's like you have to have lost your virginity by that age.

It's not strange, you shouldn't be bothered about those shallow people who say you should have had a relationship at your age! It will happen when it happens

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first serious relationship (which is my first relationship full stop) and it started when I was 21. It isn't strange, so don't beat yourself up about it.

I try not to let it bother me but some people I know tend to point it out sometimes as odd. Also, others who are not in relationships have flings and one night stands and those kind of things just aren't for me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's normal. And yes it's normal to not have had sex at the age of 22.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sadly there is so much peer pressure today for people to have a boyfriend/girlfriend or to have sex, as I said it should be personal choice. Think if people did what they wanted to do rather than let themselves be pressured then more people who'd be happy, then again it's obviously not as simple as that.

(Original post by Wild Thing)
    Yes it's normal. And yes it's normal to not have had sex at the age of 22.
    but what if you're older than that sob

ReputationRep:
    It's not strange, lots of people haven't had a serious relationship who are older than you.. at least you've gone out with guys and had some experience as there are many people who haven't ever had a bf at all.

ReputationRep:
    25??

are many people who haven't ever had a bf at all.
    in their 20's?

25??
    no, but would that make it strange?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.