The Student Room Group

Why Adult Nursing

I have interviews for teeside Northumbria and Sunderland for Adult Nursing. I have been told by other students that teeside ask why do you want to be a nurse? Also why Adult Nursing why not mental or disability nursing. I am worried as I don't know why exactly. All I know is I want to work with a variety of adults in different situations, with adult nursing you get variety and diversity. I have always put others needs before my own. I just don't know what is the right thing to say! Anyone got any ideas on what would be best to say?
Original post by Nursing444
I have interviews for teeside Northumbria and Sunderland for Adult Nursing. I have been told by other students that teeside ask why do you want to be a nurse? Also why Adult Nursing why not mental or disability nursing. I am worried as I don't know why exactly. All I know is I want to work with a variety of adults in different situations, with adult nursing you get variety and diversity. I have always put others needs before my own. I just don't know what is the right thing to say! Anyone got any ideas on what would be best to say?

The best thing for you to say is what your reasons are for going into nursing, not what you think the interviewers want to hear. Everyone has different things driving them into the profession.

So why do you want to be a nurse and why specifically an adult nurse?
Reply 2
Original post by Nursing444

Pretty sure you just answered your own question? :P just be honest! They will be able to see that you are being genuine.
Reply 3
I'm very nervous as I have never had an interview before I am a young Mam, just gone back to college on the access course. Everyone on my course has got health care backgrounds and have a story behind why they want to be a nurse, I just worry that university's will see it as a weakness havnt no healthcare, although I am starting volunteering at Alzheimer's.
Your answer to that question is unique to YOU. It's not ideal to branch from other people's thoughts on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest