A Level Ict Coursework Watch

This discussion is closed.
lilmiss_t
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I am starting to work towards my second I.C.T project which is basically to find an organization and create a database for the. I hae found an organization but i am finding it hard to find any resources to help me online. I am having the most trouble in creating interview questions and the analysis stage.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lilmiss_t)
I am starting to work towards my second I.C.T project which is basically to find an organization and create a database for the. I hae found an organization but i am finding it hard to find any resources to help me online. I am having the most trouble in creating interview questions and the analysis stage.
Try http://www.fairfax.bham.sch.uk/ict/a...e-template.doc
Im starting my Alevel coursework aswell and found this useful.
Also try www.coursework.info/392/
Hope its helpful for you
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I did that, only we spelt it 'organisation' - the British way.
someone13
Badges:
Report 15 years ago

the questionnaire must be based on the trainging that the user of the end system has.In addition to this you have to find out the requirements of the computer inorder to create and use the system.
troubled
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I'm not a fan of coursework and i'm also finding it hard to choose a subject, so thanx for the help!!!
Unregistered44
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
This is the very hard piece of work you need to do. What I can suggest you - here is the link, where you can find several databases, which were created for different companies: http://www.coursework.info
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I am american and I am studying abroad here in England. I study IT english and geography. I am completely lost in the IT course work...we don't have anything like this...any help please???
SaeedRehman
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
you do not have to make it a real organisation, how does the teacher know or the examining board in that case?

you can do things such as music rentals, library, video rentals, that sort of thing.. you just have to fill the criteria of the coursework.

I must say they do expect real end user testing and you get bonus marks for the manuals. if any one wants help give me a shout. i did it last year and got 95 out 120 from the examning board, 1 mark of an A grade. gutted though my teacher gave me 113 and she is strict, as her marks are generally put up by the board. never mind, it was meant to be ....
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
you do not have to make it a real organisation, how does the teacher know or the examining board in that case?

you can do things such as music rentals, library, video rentals, that sort of thing.. you just have to fill the criteria of the coursework.

I must say they do expect real end user testing and you get bonus marks for the manuals. if any one wants help give me a shout. i did it last year and got 95 out 120 from the examning board, 1 mark of an A grade. gutted though my teacher gave me 113 and she is strict, as her marks are generally put up by the board. never mind, it was meant to be ....
Hey mate i was wondering if u cud help me with this project. im in my first year of A levels and have been set a project which regards finding a real end user. the thing is i dont knw how to go about doing the coursework - i thought u may give me a few tips since ur coursework is ideally simlar to mine. please reply bac asap!!! thanx!
GUL
SaeedRehman
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Hey mate i was wondering if u cud help me with this project. im in my first year of A levels and have been set a project which regards finding a real end user. the thing is i dont knw how to go about doing the coursework - i thought u may give me a few tips since ur coursework is ideally simlar to mine. please reply bac asap!!! thanx!
GUL
i did this for a second year, first year project is generally based on question from a worksheet and preparing a database and few mailmerge etc tasks.

what board are you doing, i did OCR

and what help do you need.. the real end user.. get a friend close by who will test what you make, ie your database if thats what your doing.. you need to create a plan what you wish to do firstky,

normally you can take a business which is on a paper based system and convert their organisation into computer based, say a libaray, video rentals or music rentals is easiest, say a small firm wishes to update its old methods.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
i did this for a second year, first year project is generally based on question from a worksheet and preparing a database and few mailmerge etc tasks.

what board are you doing, i did OCR

and what help do you need.. the real end user.. get a friend close by who will test what you make, ie your database if thats what your doing.. you need to create a plan what you wish to do firstky,

normally you can take a business which is on a paper based system and convert their organisation into computer based, say a libaray, video rentals or music rentals is easiest, say a small firm wishes to update its old methods.
Da board im doing is AQA - does dis make a difference? The real end user i have chosen is a person who owns a small company - 'costcutters' in my local area and to help da person attract customers i have introduced the advantage of Customer Loyalty Cards- where certain amount of item the customer buys will lead to customer credit discount or will received discount vouchers. i dont knw how 2 go bout creating functions and formulas dat will enable da user to store personal data enquiry of their customer.
Camford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm doing Computing, so surprisingly I have to do a database too. Now then, Dbforum is a good place to ask database related questions, both technical and none technical.

When I started mine 2 months ago, I didn't ask that many questions. You basically go into the office and ask them to show you what they have got. Then ask them to show you what the current system can do. Then you ask them to draw up a specification list and during the interview, you have to present something that you think can be improved. If you decide to use Extreme Programming then you don't have to worry to much about the first interview.

Note: I hate Database, why do we have to do design a database as our project? Why can't we just do some other things. Like graphics or something useful.

Camford
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Note: I hate Database, why do we have to do design a database as our project? Why can't we just do some other things. Like graphics or something useful.
When it comes to where the money is nothing is more useful that a good database...graphics is for artists, databases are for computer experts.
Camford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
true, but more money can be made on OSes. Database is just boring...Doh!
simz
Report 15 years ago
im very new to this website.... u kno how some1 has said C tht website.... welll how do i get to it? coz theres them dots there....

"Try http://www.uk-learning.net/go.cgi?u...re-template.doc
Im starting my Alevel coursework aswell and found this useful.
Also try http://www.uk-learning.net/go.cgi?u...ework.info/392/
Hope its helpful for you"
pie shop
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i've gotta do a database to, but my problem is finding a company whose database needs improving. urrghh. n.e one know a good business?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i did my AS ict last summer and got A for both courseworks, and then A and an E (something went wrong there.....) for the exams.

once you know what to do for your coursework it's actually REALLY REALLY simple to get full marks. all you have to do is follow the specification step by step. and really step by step. just write up everything they ask you too.
i use the heinemann book ict for edexcel and for each coursework task it includes the specification. i think all books have that.....

because i got A for the courseworks, my little exam mess-up (the lovely E) didn't matter that much and i got a B overall.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i did my AS ict last summer and got A for both courseworks, and then A and an E (something went wrong there.....) for the exams.

once you know what to do for your coursework it's actually REALLY REALLY simple to get full marks. all you have to do is follow the specification step by step. and really step by step. just write up everything they ask you too.
i use the heinemann book ict for edexcel and for each coursework task it includes the specification. i think all books have that.....

because i got A for the courseworks, my little exam mess-up (the lovely E) didn't matter that much and i got a B overall.
hiya im in my first yeat at sixth form ..... ive taken ict, im really not liking it , ive got a teacher who is never in my classes, weve been given our coursework title and told to get on with it , im really not sure who to choose as my 'end user' canu help me plz?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by pie shop)
i've gotta do a database to, but my problem is finding a company whose database needs improving. urrghh. n.e one know a good business?
ive got a really original business for u to use as ure end user!!!!

use your local pie shop
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.42%
No (438)
60.66%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.91%

Watched Threads