A Level Ict Coursework Watch

This discussion is closed.
jackie70506
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
you do not have to make it a real organisation, how does the teacher know or the examining board in that case?

you can do things such as music rentals, library, video rentals, that sort of thing.. you just have to fill the criteria of the coursework.

I must say they do expect real end user testing and you get bonus marks for the manuals. if any one wants help give me a shout. i did it last year and got 95 out 120 from the examning board, 1 mark of an A grade. gutted though my teacher gave me 113 and she is strict, as her marks are generally put up by the board. never mind, it was meant to be ....
I need some help!!! I am an American and this is my first ever Coursework that I have to do for this British curicculum!! I have tried and tried, but I cannot find a suitable problem to fix for my coursework that my teacher will accept!! Any suggestions?
Thanx!!
TARIQ
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i did my AS ict last summer and got A for both courseworks, and then A and an E (something went wrong there.....) for the exams.

once you know what to do for your coursework it's actually REALLY REALLY simple to get full marks. all you have to do is follow the specification step by step. and really step by step. just write up everything they ask you too.
i use the heinemann book ict for edexcel and for each coursework task it includes the specification. i think all books have that.....

because i got A for the courseworks, my little exam mess-up (the lovely E) didn't matter that much and i got a B overall.
AH RYT M8 CAN U HELP ME OUT , I HAV 2 DO A COURSEWORKON EXCEL ITS GOTTA B SUMTIN LIKE A CAR QUOTE SYSTEMETC...
shah19
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i need help on my databse im having difficulty making my macros can ne1 help???
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shah19)
i need help on my databse im having difficulty making my macros can ne1 help???
What program are you using (access?) and what exactly are you trying to get your macros to do?
shah19
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
What program are you using (access?) and what exactly are you trying to get your macros to do?
im using microsoft access 2000 i need a macro to calculate the total pirce of an order
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im using microsoft access 2000 i need a macro to calculate the total pirce of an order
click on the macros tab, new and follow the help or the wizard. It depends how you have set up your database and what you have labelled it all as and how you want it to work so ?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you created a query to extract the details of what is in the order and a report to list and sum the details included in the query - all you need do then is create a macro to request the criteria for the query, run it and run the report.
shawny
Report 15 years ago
Hey, duno if ur there....but i need some help on my ict c/w
Naz786
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
you do not have to make it a real organisation, how does the teacher know or the examining board in that case?

you can do things such as music rentals, library, video rentals, that sort of thing.. you just have to fill the criteria of the coursework.

I must say they do expect real end user testing and you get bonus marks for the manuals. if any one wants help give me a shout. i did it last year and got 95 out 120 from the examning board, 1 mark of an A grade. gutted though my teacher gave me 113 and she is strict, as her marks are generally put up by the board. never mind, it was meant to be ....
Hey am making a database for library, u got any useful points i cud include 2 get a good grade. tanx
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Naz786)
Hey am making a database for library, u got any useful points i cud include 2 get a good grade. tanx
follow the syllabus, remember you only have to do what it wants, dont add any more bells and whistles than you have to, work on getting it functional and a good write up
arabian_prince
Report 15 years ago
hi...im doin ICT coursework too...im in yr13 n meant to b startin my coursework (shud hav done ages ago!)... but our teacher neva helps us...or tells us wot to do...(We're doin OCR) all he does is let us into the computer room....goes off to get his cup of coffee....n by the time he comes bak half the lesson is ova....den spends the rest of the time surfin the internet....n den lets us off early!!!

......so has any1 got any tips?....do u think i can get it done by march????
i iz gettin really worried now :confused:
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Keep it simple if you don't have the time!
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I did my whole implementation last night. :eek: Excuse me while I die in a corner.
kita
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Insatiable)
I did my whole implementation last night. :eek: Excuse me while I die in a corner.
ive jus got referred cos i havnt even finished my design yet. I cant do it anymore
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by arabian_prince)
hi...im doin ICT coursework too...im in yr13 n meant to b startin my coursework (shud hav done ages ago!)... but our teacher neva helps us...or tells us wot to do...(We're doin OCR) all he does is let us into the computer room....goes off to get his cup of coffee....n by the time he comes bak half the lesson is ova....den spends the rest of the time surfin the internet....n den lets us off early!!!

......so has any1 got any tips?....do u think i can get it done by march????
i iz gettin really worried now :confused:
If your teacher hasn't given you the project spec visit the ocr website (http://www.ocr.org.uk ) and find the documents for A level ICT they're here but the link's probably too long to work

Also have a look at amazon for help manuals: eg this one £15 for a lot of help. - oops thats a GCSE book but there should be something that will help you do your coursework.
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kita)
ive jus got referred cos i havnt even finished my design yet. I cant do it anymore
It is very hard going. I hope you manage to get on top of it soon.
kita
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It is very hard going. I hope you manage to get on top of it soon.
yeah me too, I could be doing it now....but i seem to keep extending my break to come on here lol
mel son
Report 15 years ago
Hi there, I read what u said to help that other girl. Well, I was wondering if u would help me. I am doing my AS ICT coursework, and we have to do the same as that other girl, make up a company, design a system for them. I am having problems with the implementation documentation, and dont know what i have to do. would you please please please help me? u can contact me via this site, or by email, [email protected] i willl be eternally grateful as i am so confused and there isnt long left!!!
mel son
Report 15 years ago
how on earth did u do it that quick? i have a week left to do mine, and i havent got a clue! PLEASE HELP ME!!! would u send me a little list saying what i shouild include to this address please?
[email protected]
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have done 3 IT projects in the last 3yrs before UNI!

My first was a GCSE major project which was 20000words long! I did the whole project on the sunday before i had to hand it in i worked for 23hrs solid. - got 103/105 for that

My second was an AS project using a spreadsheet which i did 200pages in a day and a half. - got a high A for that

And my A2 project was a database and i did 300pages in a weekend! ONE WEEKEND! and i got an A for that.

I always leave it till the last minute cos i work loads better under severe pressure.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%